New Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

nash61

Now is there really any reason to complain? everyone wanted the jets. they gave everyone the jets. everyone wanted traditional uniforms. they gave everyone traditional uniforms.

could they be better? sure. could they be improved upon? sure. but compared to what this franchise has worn since it's inception, these are a godsend.

This.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says something that (and I'm generalizing), the long-time members are basically on board with the set, and the newer members are the ones telling us that they're crimes against humanity.

There are a small number of crossovers here of course, but I thought it was a point worth making.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i'm really convinced people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

For years everyone complained about how ugly the thrashers uniforms were, and they really did look like ass. Now they relocate, come back as the jets and put out a classy traditional uniform devoid of black for blacks sake, ghost yokes, piping to no where, pit stains, bettman stripes, and includes hem stripes and striping that goes around. yet everyone complains.

let's examine:

They started out with this:

Thrashers02.png

and my personal favorite:

Thrashers08.png

now compare that to this:

Jets01.png

Now is there really any reason to complain? everyone wanted the jets. they gave everyone the jets. everyone wanted traditional uniforms. they gave everyone traditional uniforms.

could they be better? sure. could they be improved upon? sure. but compared to what this franchise has worn since it's inception, these are a godsend.

I think you are on to something. As for me, I loved the Thrashers whole set, especially the flying Thrasher and the last blue jersey. Now, as far as Winnipeg, I love the jersey expect for the rings on the sleeves on the away set. Excellent job by the owners.

spacer.png

It says something that (and I'm generalizing), the long-time members are basically on board with the set, and the newer members are the ones telling us that they're crimes against humanity.

There are a small number of crossovers here of course, but I thought it was a point worth making.

As a long-timer my critiques are minor. Overall I would give the set a B to B+ my only major gripe is the striping on the road. Its a solid set, its clearly not in the Calgary/Colorado/1st Edge Edmonton category for Edge disasters for sure.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

To me it's really simple.

remove the 2 stripes that go around the arms on the white jersey and you've got a very nice jersey.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

After a day to look at these uniforms I think that are good, but could be better. Although given the time frame and the fact that they couldn't make any other prototypes I think they did a good job. I really like how unique these jerseys are. I don't like the sleeve stripes on the road, and i wish either both jerseys had silver striping or neither, but they could be a lot worse.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I don't have a particular aesthetic and can appreciate a wide variety of jersey styles. However, I don't appreciate these. It's not that they aren't clean and elegant and refined; it's just that they're not really "there" at all. It's a logo and some stripes and some more stripes, none of which are all that interesting on their own. Put them together, and the jerseys may well be invisible. I look at it and don't really see anything.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm a sucker for twin shades of blue when it's done right, and this is done right. The striping cutting across the colour split on the sleeve is a little jarring on the whites, but I could get used to it.

Best part of the set is the name and number font. Modern, sleek, jet-like, yet still very readable and easy on they eye unlike many of the abominable new fonts you see.

liverpool-1.png

mb7VL.png

Maybe going for something?

Good point, there is certainly a family thing going on there. I for one like them. Some say they're bland, I feel they are a good attempt at doing a modern sweater that looks classic. I'm surprised I like the white with the vertical and horizontal stripes meeting on the sleeves, but they work for me.

Also, I was not a fan of the logo before, but I think it looks good and pops out on the jersey.

I actually commented on them in a blurb in a Montreal newspaper where I'm interning.

Archived