NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 1)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So uh, what's the intended purpose of this thread...is it to be the first "weekly news/notes" thread of the season, or a general catch-all thread for...what, exactly? Whatever the case, pleaase specify in the subtitle...might wanna fix the actual title while you're at it. (Or bettter yet, edit the title to reflect its intended purpose.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NFL Uniforms 2011 Season. What is so complicated about that?

NFL version of this thread: College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

In the past we've done a weekly thread to talk about the NFL uniform happenings of that particular week. It makes it easier to focus the conversation, topics don't become so massive, and posts don't get as lost.

This should be retitled "NFL Weekly Uniform Notes Week 1"

The Cleveland Browns will be wearing white on white at home for 2011.

Boooooooooooo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

jaguars are wearing white on white for the first time in the new set.Wayne Weaver said one of the main reasons for the uniform changes were because they had too many combinations. They were going to always wear teal jerseys white pants at home white jersey black pants on the road. 3rd season in they go white on white. Time to go back to the old uniforms.

Cleveland Browns 2.0 has sucked so far, so why not have a look that sucks when overused?

The Cleveland Browns v2.0: Personifying Sucktitude Since (Re)Inception.

jaguars are wearing white on white for the first time in the new set.Wayne Weaver said one of the main reasons for the uniform changes were because they had too many combinations. They were going to always wear teal jerseys white pants at home white jersey black pants on the road. 3rd season in they go white on white. Time to go back to the old uniforms.

This J. Wayne Weaver guy really just does not get it.

Too many combinations? Uh...up until he had the team add black pants earlier last decade, they only had two uniform combinations...as much as I liked the black/teal/black (the striped pants version, of course), he should've just stuck with what worked...the '98-'O6 set (with TEAL road numbers). He, like many other team heads, got sucked into the "BLACK IS KEWL!!!!1234" crowd and methodically started picking apart one of the top three contemporary looks in the league at the time. And now what's he got? A natural modern mess. A newfangled modern design completely devoid of gold...a design that didn't even make it through its first season intact, the definition of "EPIC FAIL" if ever there was one. (That's in addition to the sparkly teal-flacked helmet--a cool idea on its own--and flat matte black pants.) All that is to say nothing of the Jekyll-and-Hyde on-field look...teal/white at home, white/black with nary a trace of teal on the road (which I suppose fits the team's Jekyll-and-Hyde on-field play, as well). Whoever told the Jaguars that would look good straight-up lied to them.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nike come up with, or at least have a hand in, the Jags' last set of numbers? If so, I guess the only saving grace that team has is that Nike opts--and Weaver allows--to switch completely back to, if not the whole previous set, at least the previous numbers. That team just needs to admit defeat, fess up that they jacked up...and go back to what worked so well for them for the relatively short time that it did.

(And all this comes from an actual Jaguar fan.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They used to wear white on white at home due to the weather in the early parts of the season. I was surprised that Wayne Weaver would think that his idea of teal at home would last. White at home for first game is something I like and glad the Jags are doing. Plus, I like the white on white look anyway

Go A's!

The Cleveland Browns will be wearing white on white at home for 2011.

Every game?

That's what the Browns are saying. It's probably some sort of "the last time we were good we wore all white" thing. They did the white at home thing during the 80's too. Trying to revive some past glory I guess.

Actually, I think they did this one other time. Maybe 2002 or 2003? If memory serves, it didn't last the entire season.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm assuming the Bears be in white this Sunday...they've done it the last several years for early season noon starts.

Nope. They're going back to blue for the first game this year. And thank goodness...even if it's to keep the players cool, I never liked them wearing white at home.

Im also a jags fan and my favorite set of all time is the teal jerseys with the black striped pants. I already had a convo with the Jags equipment manager on twitter,nike is fixing the striping issue next season there are no other changes planned to the uniforms. I thought the new unis when they were first introduced and worn without changes were not too bad. Once the new reebok jersey type was used it killed the uniforms,every players stripes are different on the jerseys and the pants stripes are now so thin the whole set is ruined. The new helmets are the only thing that was an upgrade to me. I can stomach the new set if nike fixes the striping issues on the jerseys and pants though.

Archived