Sign in to follow this  
Dexter Morgan

NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 1)

gloves and cleats lance Briggs will be wearing on Sunday. Apparently he will be getting fined too

393074678.jpg

They're seriously going to fine him for that? Talk about zero perspective!

gloves and cleats lance Briggs will be wearing on Sunday. Apparently he will be getting fined too

393074678.jpg

Why would they fine him? Isn't that just begging for vitriol to be thrown Goodell's way?

Broncos will be in orange on Monday Night against the Raiders.

Where did you hear that?

John Elway posted it on Twitter. The Broncos are asking all the fans to wear orange to the game. I heard the news a while back, though I didnt think it was true because I thought that NFL rules prevented teams from wearing alts on national TV.

They are also wearing orange against the Lions.

Why don't they just stop pretending that navy jerseys are an appropriate look for the Broncos and go back to Orange? Same goes for the Chargers...go back to powder blues full time and ditch the navy. There are only a few teams that can rightfully stake claim to the color navy in their color scheme, the Bears are one of them. Thankfully the Bills learned their evil ways and went back to where they belong. Hopefully the Broncos and Chargers will follow suit. Of course I'm being a bit sarcastic, but to be honest I'm really not. The whole NFNS needs to go away. Embrace your original blues people!!!! don't be afraid to go back down the color scale back to the lighter side of blue. I'm also looking at YOU Cowboys! Step away from the navy and go back to the Dark Royal blue!

Well in the case of Denver, we all know that they will be going back to the orange tops starting in 2012. I say that this is a long time coming because as a Broncos fan, I would rather see the orange tops over the blue ones any day.

Broncos will be in orange on Monday Night against the Raiders.

Where did you hear that?

John Elway posted it on Twitter. The Broncos are asking all the fans to wear orange to the game. I heard the news a while back, though I didnt think it was true because I thought that NFL rules prevented teams from wearing alts on national TV.

They are also wearing orange against the Lions.

Why don't they just stop pretending that navy jerseys are an appropriate look for the Broncos and go back to Orange? Same goes for the Chargers...go back to powder blues full time and ditch the navy. There are only a few teams that can rightfully stake claim to the color navy in their color scheme, the Bears are one of them. Thankfully the Bills learned their evil ways and went back to where they belong. Hopefully the Broncos and Chargers will follow suit. Of course I'm being a bit sarcastic, but to be honest I'm really not. The whole NFNS needs to go away. Embrace your original blues people!!!! don't be afraid to go back down the color scale back to the lighter side of blue. I'm also looking at YOU Cowboys! Step away from the navy and go back to the Dark Royal blue!

The Broncos are going back to orange full time in 2012.

Click Here

Why is Drew Brees' captain patch Black/Gold and not White/Gold? It looks really weird to not matchup with the white in the uniform.

Why is Drew Brees' captain patch Black/Gold and not White/Gold? It looks really weird to not matchup with the white in the uniform.

I assume the colored "C" is the answer to the long-asked question as to what happens when you are a captain for a 5th year.

I was wondering the samething and that makes perfect sense. Seems like it would stick out like a sore thumb depending on the team color.

I assume the colored "C" is the answer to the long-asked question as to what happens when you are a captain for a 5th year.

So that begs the question: What happens for the 6th year?

Well in the case of Denver, we all know that they will be going back to the orange tops starting in 2012. I say that this is a long time coming because as a Broncos fan, I would rather see the orange tops over the blue ones any day.

Yes, because the Broncos have a long storied history of getting their ass kicked in orange jersey's.

Kinda like the Browns "celebrating" their storied history of wearing those tired white uniforms at home. Yes, lets celebrate all the choke-jobs the Brownies have had wearing those "classic all whites" by wearing them for all 16 games this year.

This team needs to pick an identity and STAY WITH IT. Maybe if they had come up with some unique uniforms right from the beginning (like their feline brethren in Carolina, who have only changed their socks and added an alternate jersey since 1995) they wouldn't have this problem. Tweaking your uniform every 2-3 years hardly builds an identity.

Carolina is "unique"? How about "stale"? Carolina's uniforms got tired-looking about 10 years ago. They'd be at the top of the list of teams that need a complete overhaul from Nike. They have a great combo of colors. They just don't utilize them well. Same deal with Tennessee. They have such potential with navy blue, columbia blue and red. They just are terribly executed (specifically on their home set and with their helmet).

I am glad that Jacksonville is getting with the 21st century again and will be mixing-and-matching their looks. Hopefully the teal jersey's and black pants make a return to the field. And in 2012, break out teal pants too, with the current pant striping. Quit trying to appeal to the 50 year olds at this site, who think anyone who wears a throwback with a grey facemask and 1975 era striped socks are automatically the bestest looking uniforms in football. Get progressive and quit being stodgy.

Yes, because the Broncos have a long storied history of getting their ass kicked in orange jersey's.

Kinda like the Browns "celebrating" their storied history of wearing those tired white uniforms at home. Yes, lets celebrate all the choke-jobs the Brownies have had wearing those "classic all whites" by wearing them for all 16 games this year.

The Browns won 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships in those white uniforms. So yes, they do have a history of winning in them.

The Browns won 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships in those white uniforms. So yes, they do have a history of winning in them.

I'm very disappointed in them wearing all whites all year, but I do admit they were very successful when they wore them. People around here have a "we don't care about cleveland so you don't have traditions, only my team has traditions" attitude that is pathetic, but I've gotten used to it by now. I'm just the kind of person who likes variety, and have been wishing they'd bring back the orange and brown pants, just to mix it up every once and a while. I feel like they're going backwards to having no variety...but if they win, all will be forgiven haha

So that begs the question: What happens for the 6th year?

The NFL realizes this was a stupid idea and gets rid of it?

And actually, with Nike taking over next year, I have a feeling the Captain's patches could be on the way out anyways.

393074678.jpg

Why would they fine him? Isn't that just begging for vitriol to be thrown Goodell's way?

Number one, the NFL has always been super strict on their uniform codes. Secondly, that's a gross violation of U.S. Flag Code.

That's a big fat pile of crap.

Yes, they did lose 4 Super Bowls in the old jerseys (3 in the orange), but to say they had a "long storied history of getting their ass kicked in orange jersey's" is just plain old stupid. The Broncos had the highest winning percentage at home in the NFL throughout the 80's and 90's wearing those orange jerseys.

You should probably go back and look at the NFL history books before you make yourself look any dumber. Just saying.

a7dd4455879d1aa0ab64e89eeef5a0a8a0f91cb7.jpg?x=489&y=334&sig=47d0cb74e773d1432d40e8d8ac8a1a93

004413F91BE547A7967264EA0045D929.jpg

Motley_and_Graham.gif

1946team_display_image.jpg?1303183475

ottograham.jpg

JimBrown_display_image_display_image.jpg?1289511773

On 9/9/2011 at 8:29 AM, Milo Meningocele said:
On 9/9/2011 at 10:24 PM, RedSox44 said:
On 9/9/2011 at 7:44 PM, The Fixer said:

Number one, the NFL has always been super strict on their uniform codes. Secondly, that's a gross violation of U.S. Flag Code.

This was my reaction too (the NFL part). But I like Lucas' take better. His take does make the NFL worth ripping, though, as Reebok is producing this stuff (the shoes anyway) with the NFL equipment logo...I'd think the NFL could either stop them from doing that or, if they are not going to, then not fine Briggs.

http://networkedblogs.com/mNa66

His take (from the above link):

"This is, of course, a completely manufactured controversy. Reebok ? whose wordmark, naturally, is well-positioned in the photo of Briggs?s gear ? knows damn well that this stuff isn?t allowed on the field, but they made it anyway. And the league could tell Reebok, ?Hey, you work for us, so stop churning out this unauthorized crap with our logo on it,? but they don?t. Briggs is probably sincere (even if he has some funny ideas about how to mark a national day of mourning) but has no clue he?s just a pawn being used to float some merch and drive some page views. The whole thing reeks ? the corporate influence in sports is bad enough, but corporate exploitation of 9/11 is flat-out nauseating.

The most absurd thing is the slogan on the gloves. ?Never forget? ? yeah, like there was much chance of that."

Lukas is right - the NFL deserves some share of the blame for not preventing Reebok from creating this garbage in the first place. Another reason to be glad that Reebok has lost the contract.

And if Briggs tries to wear these in a game, stiff fines should be the least of his worries. The officials should prevent him from taking the field.

Lukas is right - the NFL deserves some share of the blame for not preventing Reebok from creating this garbage in the first place. Another reason to be glad that Reebok has lost the contract.

And if Briggs tries to wear these in a game, stiff fines should be the least of his worries. The officials should prevent him from taking the field.

Agreed all around. The whole stunt is a joke.