NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 1)

Dexter Morgan

The St. Louis Rams need to either stick to their gold pants for all games, or remove the stripes for the blue and whtie pants. Striped pants ruins their uniform IMO.

Their all blue looks outstanding for home games. The Rams are one of the few teams that can mix and match any one of their 3 pants and have them all look perfect.

Disagree. Especially with the navy socks.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The St. Louis Rams need to either stick to their gold pants for all games, or remove the stripes for the blue and whtie pants. Striped pants ruins their uniform IMO.

Their all blue looks outstanding for home games. The Rams are one of the few teams that can mix and match any one of their 3 pants and have them all look perfect.

Disagree. Especially with the navy socks.

There's not too much they can do with the all blue look though. White socks would look weird IMO because white is just an accent color on the jerseys, and totally absent from the helmets. Gold socks...... I just can't picture metallic gold socks being a good look for any team.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The blue pants should either be stripeless, or (preferably) have a thick gold stripe and a thin white stripe, to match the shoulder stripes (or just a thick gold to match the helmet.) I think gold socks would be fine, but even gold-topped socks with a thick navy stripe or something would be good enough to break up the leotard look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The blue pants should either be stripeless, or (preferably) have a thick gold stripe and a thin white stripe, to match the shoulder stripes (or just a thick gold to match the helmet.) I think gold socks would be fine, but even gold-topped socks with a thick navy stripe or something would be good enough to break up the leotard look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Eagles midnight green has run it's course. I hope the Eagles return to kelly green when Nike takes over in 2012. They wouldn't even need to change their logos, wordmarks, and fonts IMO. I simple change of green would improve their current uniform set.

Although, a return to kelly green for the Eagles would probably mean a return of silver as their secondary color. In that case I could see them totally changing the uniforms.

The Eagles midnight green has run it's course. I hope the Eagles return to kelly green when Nike takes over in 2012. They wouldn't even need to change their logos, wordmarks, and fonts IMO. I simple change of green would improve their current uniform set.

Although, a return to kelly green for the Eagles would probably mean a return of silver as their secondary color. In that case I could see them totally changing the uniforms.

While I have nothing against their midnight green, I must admit that kelly green is beautiful for them. I think it looks awful with black though. I'm not sure that they can make the current logo work with just green, silver, and white, so I'm not sure what I want to see out of the Eagles.

While I have nothing against their midnight green, I must admit that kelly green is beautiful for them. I think it looks awful with black though. I'm not sure that they can make the current logo work with just green, silver, and white, so I'm not sure what I want to see out of the Eagles.

The Eagles current wing helmet logo does have a light shade of silver on it. It would be a matter of darkening the silver and replacing the black interior outline of the wing with kelly green (or a a transparent space as for as the decal goes).

Run it's course? They've only had it for roughly 14 years. The Midnight green is light years better then the kelly green they previously wore.

Well your entitled to your opinion. I personally like kelly green as a primary team color.

Run it's course? They've only had it for roughly 14 years. The Midnight green is light years better then the kelly green they previously wore.

Well your entitled to your opinion. I personally like kelly green as a primary team color.

See, kids? This is how you have a nice, respectful conversation on the CCSLC. Welcome :welcome:

Agreed. Its a unique shade that is instantly identified with the Eagles. I also find it a million times better than the kelly green as well. There was something about that shade of green that never quite worked for me. It was just too light. If they were ever forced to change greens then I would hope that they would meet somewhere in the middle.

I'm not saying your preference is wrong, if you like it that's cool. I was just curious as to why it has already run its course

I'm not saying your preference is wrong, if you like it that's cool. I was just curious as to why it has already run its course

Personal preference. When I think Philadelphia Eagles I immediately think kelly green. I'm not an old guy by any means, but I always thought midnight green was a trend the Eagles organization would eventually pass.

2ba66aeb1a7efc1770456e5cbb0e842c-getty-124665243.jpg

what is going on with the jags uniforms? see drew and #89's stripes down the inside of their shoulders, then look at #68's

after a google image search of "jacksonville jaguars 2010" (safesearch turned off, teehee), it looks like this was an issue last year too.. i wonder why i didn't notice it before

3a476cabd7f0cc99ea3c3f742e76018a-getty-124665425.jpg

they also have a new triangular gold neckline thing going on as well (also, notice how thick the stripes are on his uniform compared to the first photo)

what is going on with the jags uniforms? see drew and #89's stripes down the inside of their shoulders, then look at #68's

after a google image search of the jacksonville jaguars 2010 (safesearch off, teehee), it looks like this was an issue last year too.. i wonder why i didn't notice it before

LOL! Wardrobe malfunction aside I seem to be one of the few on this board that like these uniforms overall. Although they really should've work more gold into the look, besides just the helmet. And the all whites would probably look better with teal numbers than black

after a google image search of the jacksonville jaguars 2010 (safesearch off, teehee), it looks like this was an issue last year too.. i wonder why i didn't notice it before

LOL! Wardrobe malfunction aside I seem to be one of the few on this board that like these uniforms overall. Although they really should've work more gold into the look, besides just the helmet. And the all whites would probably look better with teal numbers than black

I just think that black, teal and gold are such a fantastic look. Which is why I can't understand why they removed gold trim from their jerseys.

Back on the Rams/Eagles game for a second. There is something odd about Stephen Jackson's shoulder stripes. Seems like there is more white on his stripes than on other Rams players.

after a google image search of "jacksonville jaguars 2010" (safesearch turned off, teehee), it looks like this was an issue last year too.. i wonder why i didn't notice it before

3a476cabd7f0cc99ea3c3f742e76018a-getty-124665425.jpg

they also have a new triangular gold neckline thing going on as well (also, notice how thick the stripes are on his uniform compared to the first photo)

That gold is shoulder pad tape teams use to keep jerseys tight.

Archived