State Flag college Uniforms

GriffinM6

After seeing Maryland's state flag inspired unis last night, I had an idea that I would make a state flag football uniform for all states with a Division 1 team named for the state. I'm going alphabetically.

First up: Alabama

The shoulder designs emulate the state flag, there wasn't alot I could do with such a bland flag design.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Trouble with using the "flag=football uniform design" idea is that only a couple of schools really will work. Many states are eliminated because their flag stinks, then a lot of schools are stricken from the list because their colors don't even resemble the flag colors. I can see 'Zona, ASU, Youngstown State, and U of Houston.

As for your concept, I think it could be executed a lot better. More 3D thinking, instead of pasting a logo on a jersey in paint.

I wish I could upgrade to something better right now, but I don't have time. Maybe by the weekend I'll upgrade to inkscape.

The tool you use is not an excuse for lack of execution, you should never blame it on the fact that you don't have a certain program. I'm talking about the execution, not output. Think about how much thought went in to this. To me, at least, it looks like you thought of what panels would fit the flag, slapped them on there, and called it good. That's not a concept, and you know that. There's much more potential, just look at the team that inspired your thread-- Maryland is not just a flag slapped on a uniform.

For reference, here's what I did for Indiana in my B1G overhaul-- flag colors don't have to match to make it work, by the way.

OldOakenBucket-2.png

It can be done. Take your time, think it out. It's better than throwing something less-than-decent to the wolves.

lol I was gonna do this.

Friendly competition then?

Ha I guess, I just had my first day of school. But if I could bang one out by the end of the weekend I'll post it, maybe we could team up on this.

Wow, it's my 5th week of school but ya I'm workin on Arizona right now. PM me something if you can.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

lol I was gonna do this.

Friendly competition then?

Ha I guess, I just had my first day of school. But if I could bang one out by the end of the weekend I'll post it, maybe we could team up on this.

Wow, it's my 5th week of school but ya I'm workin on Arizona right now. PM me something if you can.

Ok will do, thinking about trying out a California one. And yeah we start pretty late here in NY but we don't get out until mid to late June.

For reference, here's what I did for Indiana in my B1G overhaul-- flag colors don't have to match to make it work, by the way.

Flag colors don't have to match, but to fit into the Maryland mold of flag uniforms, they kind of do. The Texas flag in Burnt Orange or the Longhorns in Red/White/Blue just doesn't seem to work, they wouldn't read as the flag or the team, respectively. I guess it's just my opinion, but I think it would work best with colors matching or coming close to matching. Of course, I encourage thinking outside the box and trying to sell me on anything. It can be done if you're creative enough.

Flag colors don't have to match, but to fit into the Maryland mold of flag uniforms, they kind of do. The Texas flag in Burnt Orange or the Longhorns in Red/White/Blue just doesn't seem to work, they wouldn't read as the flag or the team, respectively. I guess it's just my opinion, but I think it would work best with colors matching or coming close to matching. Of course, I encourage thinking outside the box and trying to sell me on anything. It can be done if you're creative enough.

Agreed on some of this-- you can't take something that simple and change one of the only identifiers of their flag-- the colors. I used Indiana as an example to show that some of the more intricate designs can lend themselves to that type of application. I agree though, you can't change something that drastically. Though, Arizona's flag in either ASU or UofA's colors wouldn't look all-too-foreign. It can be done for some schools, you just have to plan them out a little more.

Archived