State Flag college Uniforms

GriffinM6

For the Arizona helmet, I would suggest looking at the XFL's Birmingham Thunderbolts helmet and do something similar. By that I mean put the copper star in place of where the "B" was right in front on the "forehead" and have the 13 red and yellow sunbeams in the same outward directions as the bolts of lightning. I would then have both the lower half of the helmet's shell and the facemask in royal blue.

Birmingham Bolts Helmet

For the uniform itself, I'd have blue pants with a single copper star on each hip and red socks. For the top, a red jersey with UCLA stripes of two yellow stripes with a red stripe to simulate the sunbeams and a yellow collar. The numbers should be in yellow with blue outline with a copper star just below the collar.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

For the Arizona helmet, I would suggest looking at the XFL's Birmingham Thunderbolts helmet and do something similar. By that I mean put the copper star in place of where the "B" was right in front on the "forehead" and have the 13 red and yellow sunbeams in the same outward directions as the bolts of lightning. I would then have both the lower half of the helmet's shell and the facemask in royal blue.

Birmingham Bolts Helmet

For the uniform itself, I'd have blue pants with a single copper star on each hip and red socks. For the top, a red jersey with UCLA stripes of two yellow stripes with a red stripe to simulate the sunbeams and a yellow collar. The numbers should be in yellow with blue outline with a copper star just below the collar.

Thats smart for the helmet thanks.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I absolutely love the new Arizona helmet. The only problem is that it looks amazing on the front of the helmet, but the red/blue split looks really weird on the side of the helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Looking good so far. Just a couple more tweaks.

First, you might like to put a thin white outline around the copper star so it stands out a little more against the red.

As for addressing the sides as mentioned by thespleenenator, perhaps tapering the stripes as the go down the sides might help. You would still have the flag effect when you look at the helmet head-on, but on the sides, it would look more like feathers on a pair of wings, giving it an almost firebird-like appearance. Of if the wings angle doesn't argee with you, you could add wrinkles to each stripe as thought its a flag moving in the wind. For either idea to work though, you're are going to have to make thinner and more of them (13). Basically the middle red stripe would go from front to back, but with every new layer, each stripe set would be shorter and more angled. It would be kind of abstract on the sides,but it would still give the illusion of motion forward, and not ruin the flag look in front.

First, you might like to put a thin white outline around the copper star so it stands out a little more against the red.

As for addressing the sides as mentioned by thespleenenator, perhaps tapering the stripes as the go down the sides might help. You would still have the flag effect when you look at the helmet head-on, but on the sides, it would look more like feathers on a pair of wings, giving it an almost firebird-like appearance. Of if the wings angle doesn't argee with you, you could add wrinkles to each stripe as thought its a flag moving in the wind. For either idea to work though, you're are going to have to make thinner and more of them (13). Basically the middle red stripe would go from front to back, but with every new layer, each stripe set would be shorter and more angled. It would be kind of abstract on the sides,but it would still give the illusion of motion forward, and not ruin the flag look in front.

I might change it eventually, but I'm working on California right now.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Though UA is not in Phoenix, this may be something to consider as well:

city_of_phoenix_logo.jpg

Here's California.

California Unis

Welp, you succeeded in putting all the elements of a flag on a uniform. But I can't say it's more than that. It's just not very outside the box, as your noted inspiration was.

Going forward, think more about capturing the spirit of the flag, rather than focusing on putting all the pieces on a jersey. It will come, but I think your focus is on the wrong details right now.

I'd ditch the green. The only green on the flag is the grass under the bear. I would make the uniforms primarily white throughout since the main color is white anyway.

Since the the star on the flag is in the upper corner, I would put a star on each side on the upper forehead. I would double the size of the bear and remove the grass altogether. I would remove the green stripes and just have one extra thick red stripe down the middle. With red facemask.

The jersey I would make White with red block numbers with a gap outline brown trim. I think you'll find that stands out better, It's a substitute for black and is relevant as it's on the flag. I'd include a red collar and on the sleeve put a bear pawprint secondary logo with "CA" in the middle.

The pants, again white with a single red stripe about as thick as the Steelers stripe on theirs. With red socks.

The South Carolina design in white looks good. SCarolina has two good colors so they would lend well to jersey designs (like the Colts). I like having the helmet blue. My only suggestion would have the palm trees on both shoulder panels, not just on one because the moon already has a prominent position on the helmet.

California looks ok, cannot go wrong with white but maybe the red my work has the primary color on the jersey. Helmet-wise, I do like the white helmet with the Californian bear.

The South Carolina design in white looks good. SCarolina has two good colors so they would lend well to jersey designs (like the Colts). I like having the helmet blue. My only suggestion would have the palm trees on both shoulder panels, not just on one because the moon already has a prominent position on the helmet.

California looks ok, cannot go wrong with white but maybe the red my work has the primary color on the jersey. Helmet-wise, I do like the white helmet with the Californian bear.

The other side of the helmet would have the palm tree on it I just didn't show it.

spacer.png

Okay, now that I have more time to comment on these-- You did the same thing for SC and CA. One flag element on one shoulder/side of the helmet, one on the other. This is not very creative use of what you have available. It's just like dissecting something and pasting elements all over the uniform. Maryland made it work because they placed the elements strategically. I am just a little bit let down by what you've done so far, it seems like there's no creative thought going in to these. You're just cutting and pasting flag elements on the template. And please, do your self a favor, and get some new fonts.

Archived