Entire KHL team killed in plane crash

Milo Meningocele

Jesus Christ this is terrible. It's like Munich all over again.

The worst part is that that model of plane never should have been flying. The EU prohibited it because of safety concerns with that particular Yaklovev model, but since Belarus isn't part of the area where it's not permitted to fly, they could get away with it. This never should have happened.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very heartbroken over this. Many great athletes were on board that flight. Demitra, Skrastins, Vasicek, Salei, and many, many others. I'll never forget Salei's heroics in Game 4 of the Quarter Finals against Detroit in 2003 or his lone OT goal to defeat the Devils in Game 3 of the Finals that year. Such a sad day to be a hockey fan. They will all be remembered.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

This definitely ranks as one of the worst of all time. It's not like Munich or Marshall where most of the team was killed, this was the entire team. The starters, the backups, and even 4 "minor" leaguers. There's just nothing left. Whomever put them on that death trap of a plane, that was grounded in all of the EU and even the Russians acknowledged was a deathtrap by ordering it withdrawn from service next month, should be dragged out into red square and hung upside down by their baby toes. Absolutely tragic.

I don't even have words to describe this picture.

Screenshot2011-09-07at41938PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Unbelievable...So horrible for anything like this to happen. Just...wow :(

I have heard conflicting reports about Alexander Galimov, some say he survived and others say he died in the hospital later. Which is true is he alive?

Wikipedia still says that he's alive. I think if he was confirmed dead, someone would have updated it by now.

It's the darkest day in the sport's history. It could have been prevented, but that's water under the bridge now. If this doesn't kick the Russian Aviation in the head, then I don't know what does.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What a horrible tragedy. I just dont have anymore words after the offseason this sport has had. According to Slava Malamud, Semyon Varlamov who is a product of the Lokomotiv school spent the day in denial. This just shouldnt happen, anywhere. I dont have anymore words.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I don't even have words to describe this picture.

Screenshot2011-09-07at41938PM.png

Depending on who you ask even Galimov may have since died as well though CNN and others haven't been able to confirm it yet. There's just no one left. It's insane.

The hospital is denying it but no news source has been able to confirm. Probably because the hospital doesn't want a million reporters stomping around the ICU whether he's alive or dead.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yes, I'm hearing Galimov died as well.

And to add insult to injury, I just read a report stating that the mother of one of the players, upon hearing the news, suffered a massive heart attack and also died.

Yes, Caps prospect Stanislav Galiev tweeted that news.

Galixon_97 Stanislav Galiev

Mother of died in a plane crash player HC "Lokomotiv" Sergey Ostapchuk died ... She suffered a heart attack .....

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm pretty sure they said on the news that Galimov died in the hospital because he was badly burnt.

When did you hear this because the hospital has been denying it for about 5 hours and the newest update I've seen anywhere is that his death cannot be confirmed.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived