Coyotes 15th Anniversary Logo

uah8tr

Getting back to Mockba's demands, what should of the Coyotes have done? A bigger banner, or no banner at all?

Replace the team logo with a trollface and add "U MAD?" under the entire thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo looks very disjointed. The coyote and the banner exist as two separate pieces and don't work together well. Not trying to be a dick or bring up relocation, but it honestly looks like they didn't expect to make it to 15 years and threw it together last minute when they were saved for another season.

What I would have done...Leaping coyote logo in front of the crescent moon logo. Banner across the bottom like the one they created. 15 Years in the same font as their script Coyotes logo.

The big problem with logos like this is that when they go on the uniform, there's a redundancy between it and the main crest. It'd be nice if there was an alternate mark that would work in other applications (It does make sense to have a anniversary logo like this for center(re) ice use though.)

The problem is that there's nothing in the main anni logo that could be extracted and turned into a secondary logo, so they either don't have one, or have one that doesn't match the main one.

For the record, I don't have an issue with Roman numerals. In many cases, it's a classy look, and depending on the anniversary, the Roman numeral can help to make for an otherwise unachievable symmetry in the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A very rough concept of what I was talking about.

Coyotes-15th.png

Boy I wish that was their primary logo (sans the banner of course) on the front of the jerseys. If the team gets sold and stays in Phoenix, they will more than likely get renamed the "Arizona Coyotes". They should use that as a full time primary on the uniforms.

The Catch of the Day!

1) No one's pointed out the fact that the company that made those stencils is "JET Ice." Nobody? I thought it was funny.

2) The Coyotes are terrible with these anniversary patches. Remember the "Decade in the Desert"? Yuck.

3) I have no problem with the banner itself. Yeah it's kinda cheap and tacked on, but eh. The thing that bugs me about it is how they've positioned it and the Yotes logo in the faceoff circle. It's very unbalanced and looks awkward in the circle. Really bugs me. Watching/going to Coyotes games this season is going to bug me just because of that.

4) Fantastic DP. Hell that's almost an improvement over their current main logo. That's nice right there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seems it's possible their logic was borne out of the revival of Winnipeg, that they wanted to understate their ties to that place and reiterate their Phoenix ties.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

The first problem with this design is their logo shape, it is so awkward. It almost looks like it is rotated at the wrong angle. Of course it isn't, thats just their logo. My employer just got the Portland Pirates jersey numbering/lettering/patching account(we did the Lewiston Maineiacs up until this year and replacing that job was a must) anyway, on the shoulders of their jerseys is that logo, the Coyotes primary logo. Not spoiling anything here, every AHL team has their NHL affiliate's primary on their shoulders. But the point is that placing that logo on the shoulders is so confusing, the logo looks wrong. It might work in print and maybe on the front of their jerseys, but using it in other logos like this doesn't leave you with many options. Slapping a banner underneath was all they could really do. I say this assuming they had little time and not much of a creative staff on payroll. The concept posted by Delayed Penalty is, as you've all said, miles beyond where they landed. Kudos to you, DP.

Boy I wish that was their primary logo (sans the banner of course) on the front of the jerseys. If the team gets sold and stays in Phoenix, they will more than likely get renamed the "Arizona Coyotes". They should use that as a full time primary on the uniforms.

Personally, I think "Arizona Wolves" has a nice ring to it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm watching TV tonight and I see a Coyotes commercial, and it seems that the logo that's down on the ice isn't the full 15th Anniversary logo. It also seems like DP was on the right track:

IMG00160-20110923-2157.jpg

1) I don't know why they didn't put the full logo on the ice.

2) I'm not sure why that isn't their full-time logo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I'm watching TV tonight and I see a Coyotes commercial, and it seems that the logo that's down on the ice isn't the full 15th Anniversary logo. It also seems like DP was on the right track:

Coyotes vs. Jets is just so weird. :blink:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know. If the Coyotes had moved back to Winnipeg like they should have, we wouldn't have that problem.

To me, it's not more weird than Ravens vs. Browns.

I know. If the Coyotes had moved back to Winnipeg like they should have, we wouldn't have that problem.

Maybe the Jets will taunt the Yotes to show them where they could've been: playing in front of fans, being able to lure top-end free agents, and actually being recognized around town.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived