Mau's Pro Combat Concepts

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Ive been really into doing Pro Combat concepts lately, so ive decided to start a single thread dedicated to them. Thisll avoid creating a new thread every time i have something new id like to share/ get some feedback on.

So to start off, Ill post Penn State. I know some of you may have seen this before but ive made some minor tweaks and i think im pretty happy with where this is at. I will also try to label design intent/ uniform features on all "final" concepts.

Let me know what you think about the presentation.

Anyway, here we go:

PCconceptpres2.png

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does that look like something nike would really do (in a good way). If this were real it would be one of, if not the best pro combat. Great job and presentation (just make the words describing the features a bit bigger kinda hard to read)

Is it just me or does that look like something nike would really do (in a good way). If this were real it would be one of, if not the best pro combat. Great job and presentation (just make the words describing the features a bit bigger kinda hard to read)

Fixed. I agree, it looked a lot bigger in InDesign haha

I love the presentation. I also love the keystone logo on the back of the collar. For some reason it looks like it's missing something. But overall it's a great concept.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

This looks really good. I like the pattern on the numbers and pants stripe, and the keystone on the nameplate is a subtle but really nice touch. My only problem is the "anthracite" on the helmet. It seems darker than the pants color, and there's no other anthracite in the unis. I would match it to the pants color or just make it white or blue.

Ive been really into doing Pro Combat concepts lately, so ive decided to start a single thread dedicated to them. Thisll avoid creating a new thread every time i have something new id like to share/ get some feedback on.

So to start off, Ill post Penn State. I know some of you may have seen this before but ive made some minor tweaks and i think im pretty happy with where this is at. I will also try to label design intent/ uniform features on all "final" concepts.

Anyway, here we go:

PCconceptpres2.png

This is awesome! It keeps the plain helmet, but adds a modern touch to a traditional team. Kudos!

spacer.png

This is a really strong concept. The keystone on the back is a nice touch, and while I might be a little skeptical right now, I admit that the matte white helmet with anthracite facemask has potential to look great.

1. Make the numbers single color. I know you're trying to integrate the anthracite more, but the single color number is something that should really carry over from their regular set.

2. The blue could probably be a little darker. It clashes with the collar logo right now, and isn't really true to their current football color (though it matches the school color better.)

3. I agree with above coment re: white pants. I like your pants better than white, but if your marketing thingy is going to talk about the white out, then the pants should probably be white too. You could lose the marketing speak though and keep the gray.

4. Thnk about using the oval lion-head logo on the pants instead of the wordmark.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyway, here we go:

PCconceptpres2.png

I love what you did here and it looks so much better than their current bland stuff they wear now, but I'm not really diggin the gray/anthracite included in the set. It's a creative way to think about their set, but I just don't quite think it goes with the set itself. But overall nice work, and I can't wait for the next one!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated

The white pants were heavily considered in the early stages on the design but i didnt think it had the same effect...the concept would essentially be a PSU away uniform with sleeve and pant stripes.

As for the color of blue: i agree that it looks a little light, but the base color for the numbers etc. is the standard PSU football blue. it just looks a lot brighter in spots due to dodging and burning needed to achieve the desired lighting effect on the metallic materials

the presentation could not be better. maybe the best ive ever seen on here. the design is very NPC 2011 which i havnt been a fan of so far, but its okay. what they did in 2010 was so much better and very school specific. maybe theres not much you can do with Penn State but apply their current look to the template. id lose the grey pants though.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Do an Iowa pro combat. I'd love to see what you could do with them.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

GEORGIA:

The Dawgs. I wanted to capture the essence of some of georgia's past sets and mash them together with a little bit of a modern twist. The ripped and torn, somewhat grungy motif is meant to capture the ferocity and power with which a dog can attack. The stripes are ripped and torn, echoing the design intent in a physical form. The destroyed, single stripes of the Vince Dooley - Herschel Walker era are figurative battle scars... trophies from a vicious battle fought between the hedges.

GeorgiaPCconceptpres-01.png

Archived