Mau's Pro Combat Concepts

TheOneAndOnlyMau

You got rid of the red stripe on the facemask. This sucks.

Totally kidding. The only thing that may look a bit funky in another presentation, IMO, is the tattered stripes. I like the intent, and the homage it pays, but I think with the other striping being "normal" it may isolate the jersey in a bad way, if that makes sense.

Seriously loving the presentation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mau being from Georgia and a lifelong fan it looks pretty good. Love your work with the template's; but, a little off base with the concept. Maybe add a deeper red to the jersey and make the sleeve's black... gotta keep the red helmet and put the outlined " G " back up without the stripe's... we seldom where the silver britches- would stick with white pants...

Again I luv your concepts and keep it up...

Trey

You got rid of the red stripe on the facemask. This sucks.

Totally kidding. The only thing that may look a bit funky in another presentation, IMO, is the tattered stripes. I like the intent, and the homage it pays, but I think with the other striping being "normal" it may isolate the jersey in a bad way, if that makes sense.

Seriously loving the presentation.

This was something i really struggled with How much was too much? The original concept I did on paper had every stripe ripped and torn but i was afraid it would just be too much. I may update after getting some more feedback. we'll see how it goes

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Mau being from Georgia and a lifelong fan it looks pretty good. Love your work with the template's; but, a little off base with the concept. Maybe add a deeper red to the jersey and make the sleeve's black... gotta keep the red helmet and put the outlined " G " back up without the stripe's... we seldom where the silver britches- would stick with white pants...

Trey

Georgia always wears "silver britches"...are you sure you're a lifelong fan?

On the concept, I love the helmet, but I'm not feeling the sleeve stripes. I feel that if you're going to have the throwback helmet, you might as well go full throwback on the unis as well.

normally the pants are a little bit lighter- should have been clearer on that-- my bad... the uni looks to much like the ohio state pro combat uni's...

Trey

On the concept, I love the helmet, but I'm not feeling the sleeve stripes. I feel that if you're going to have the throwback helmet, you might as well go full throwback on the unis as well.

If your going to use the "tattered" sleeve stripe, you might want to add that "tattered" element to the numbers or other aspect if the uniforms (i.e. the helmet and pants). I love the presentation and the fact that you took historical elements from the team and incorporated them into the uniforms. Great job.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

normally the pants are a little bit lighter- should have been clearer on that-- my bad... the uni looks to much like the ohio state pro combat uni's...

Trey

Okay, understood. Although I think the gray looks dark because of the presentation, not because he used a really dark gray.

I'm not liking the Georgia uniforms, unfortunately. I get the effect you were going for on the stripes but it just doesn't look good. And the rest of the uniform seems kind of bland. Also, the "silver" britches look more like anthracite britches.

However, Penn State is phenomenal. No complaints, other than to maybe ditch the "PENN STATE" text that curls around the pants.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can you please make University of Kansas ones that are similair to the penn state ones you made. I like the graded pants and nike under shirt. Can you also please use the 1941 Jayhawk on the helmet? It'll make it look mean.

Kansas is an Adidas team. Nike wouldn't make a PC uniform for them, these concepts are for Nike teams only.

Also, good to see another KU fan!

GEORGIA:

The Dawgs. I wanted to capture the essence of some of georgia's past sets and mash them together with a little bit of a modern twist. The ripped and torn, somewhat grungy motif is meant to capture the ferocity and power with which a dog can attack. The stripes are ripped and torn, echoing the design intent in a physical form. The destroyed, single stripes of the Vince Dooley - Herschel Walker era are figurative battle scars... trophies from a vicious battle fought between the hedges.

GeorgiaPCconceptpres-01.png

Love the helmet and the pants here. Excellent work. This is the exact helmet and pants I would have put Georgia in. Maybe even a red G on one side and a black G on the other. I'm not sold on the jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think Georgia needs work. Looks like half Ohio State, half Georgia...

I think its cause of the silver helmet. I may try to lighten up the silver a little.... the more i look at it the more anthracite it looks.

But as long as georgia wouldnt play OSU in these it really wouldnt matter

From the back view, the pants look like the current OSU pants and the red jersey with plain white block numbers looks exactly like the Buckeyes.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived