Mau's Pro Combat Concepts

TheOneAndOnlyMau

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody, sorry i havnt put up a new concept lately... ive been totally swamped with work at school lately. Having trouble getting motivated to create anything worthwhile after marathon sessions of GIS/AutoCAD/photoshop/Illustrator to get projects done for design studio haha.

anyway ive got an idea of what i wanted to do for my next concept so i threw together a quick taste for your viewing pleasure...

big thanks to drdougfresh on the sick helmet template!

clemsonPCteaser.png

hope to have the completed concept up sometime tomorrow night

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I think grey and orange is among the most underrated color schemes. I think this could look great as long as you don't botch it with weird tapered stripes and colored panels. The grey is the voice here. Don't try to shout over it with wacky stripes and clutter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ok. So, projects for school still going at full throtle but i managed to get the design on the template. I didnt have any time to write out the design intent yet so i didnt annotate this one. If i get some free time i might update it.

I kinda laughed at andrewharrington's post because the set was gray from the start although he probably wont be pleased with the stripes... I thought it provided a ton of contrast with the bright orange and purple and seemed pretty "Nike" to me. The stripes were intended to convey speed and be something new and fresh while still mimicking the traditional helmet/ uniform stripes of the tigers' unis.

ClemsonPC.png

C&C please. feels good to get a concept done... stress relief haha

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I like everything about this except for the numbers. They just don't look right to me. The number on the front is small while the number on the back is huge. Also, I think a purple outline on the numbers might help. I don't know, they just don't look right to me. Other than that, brilliant concept, and I love the stripes!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like everything about this except for the numbers. They just don't look right to me. The number on the front is small while the number on the back is huge. Also, I think a purple outline on the numbers might help. I don't know, they just don't look right to me. Other than that, brilliant concept, and I love the stripes!

Not a fan of Pulp Fiction M54?

I'm with the others. I love everything - the gray, the striping, the pattern on the numbers and logos - except the number font. It just doesn't look right for a football uniform. With the pattern on the numbers I think you could get away with standard block.

• 5 months later...

Archived