Arizona State uniforms?

bucknut40

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Huh, what? I thought I was watching Florida State for a second!"

The pitchfork helmet is fine. It's the whole "omg we have black now" that I don't like. Black isn't a school color, so instead of just going with it for one or two games a la Tennessee, they decided to change the school colors so that now they don't get grief about wearing off-color uniforms like Oregon does.

Black looks great with their colors. So what if they have an all-black look that they use every once in awhile.

Oh, c'mon. You know "every once in a while" will turn into "every other home game" eventually. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Black looks great with their colors. So what if they have an all-black look that they use every once in awhile.

Oh, c'mon. You know "every once in a while" will turn into "every other home game" eventually. :P

Not with that many combos. Nike will want to show them all off.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Oh, c'mon. You know "every once in a while" will turn into "every other home game" this season. :P

FTFY

No, it doesn't. It looks terrible with their colors. It's not as bad as Mississippi State wearing black, but it's still awful. Their colors are burgundy (or whatever they call it) and athletic yellow. The jerseys last night looked like a crappy concept someone would come up with for Iowa or Southern Miss. They were just black and yellow. Burgundy is too dark to work with black, so for it to show up on their unis, they would need to use burgundy numbers with a yellow outline (which would look awful). But instead, they relegate THEIR PRIMARY COLOR to number trim, where it disappears against the black, even on HDTV. The colors don't go well together, and replacing your primary color with black is an automatic uniform fail. These were terrible.

The pitchfork logo isn't awful, but it looks more a garden spade. The handle needs to be much longer than the fork part for it work. Make the handle longer and it wouldn't be bad. Make the jerseys in team colors, lose the gradient number, make the handle longer on the pitchfork and these would be a pretty good set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No, it doesn't. It looks terrible with their colors. It's not as bad as Mississippi State wearing black, but it's still awful. Their colors are burgundy (or whatever they call it) and athletic yellow. The jerseys last night looked like a crappy concept someone would come up with for Iowa or Southern Miss. They were just black and yellow. Burgundy is too dark to work with black, so for it to show up on their unis, they would need to use burgundy numbers with a yellow outline (which would look awful). But instead, they relegate THEIR PRIMARY COLOR to number trim, where it disappears against the black, even on HDTV. The colors don't go well together, and replacing your primary color with black is an automatic uniform fail. These were terrible.

The pitchfork logo isn't awful, but it looks more a garden spade. The handle needs to be much longer than the fork part for it work. Make the handle longer and it wouldn't be bad. Make the jerseys in team colors, lose the gradient number, make the handle longer on the pitchfork and these would be a pretty good set.

I bet sales figures will prove that wrong though. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Not with that many combos. Nike will want to show them all off.

My hope is that they do change things up a bit*, but you never know. Ultimately the team decides. If the fans really like the black, then who's to say they won't wear it more often than not?

Oh, and sales figures =/= good looking.

*Of course, I'd prefer that black is used as little as possible in these combos. Wishful thinking, of course, but they have enough maroon, white, and gold combo pieces to look good and have variety without having to wear black.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I bet sales figures will prove that wrong though. :P

Not possible. People buy crap all the time. First off, lots of ASU fans/alums will buy jerseys just because they want to own every jersey. Some people will buy them because they don't want to wear an old jersey to games. The Buffaslug showed us that a fanbase will buy new stuff even if they hate it. Lots of people will buy them just because BLACK = KEWL, ignoring that they are eliminating their school's primary color, therefore trying to look like other teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No, it doesn't. It looks terrible with their colors. It's not as bad as Mississippi State wearing black, but it's still awful.

Maroon and black don't work well together. At least Minnesota seems to have figured that out. The only thing worse than maroon and black would be navy and black--I better keep my mouth shut because my favorite team is a navy-wearing Nike school, so I shouldn't give Nike, the athletic department, the coaches, or players any crazy ideas.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

No, it doesn't. It looks terrible with their colors. It's not as bad as Mississippi State wearing black, but it's still awful.

Maroon and black don't work well together. At least Minnesota seems to have figured that out. The only thing worse than maroon and black would be navy and black--I better keep my mouth shut because my favorite team is a navy-wearing Nike school, so I shouldn't give Nike, the athletic department, the coaches, or players any crazy ideas.

I def disagree. I wear a black sweatshirt under my OJ USC maroon jersey and it looks good.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Maroon and black are not that much different from red and black, which we all know looks amazing; just ask the Chicago Bulls.

Navy and black is not that much different from Royal Blue and black, which we all know is suspect; just ask the Mets.

Does anyone know when (or if) ASU announces what combo they'll be wearing before each game? I'm interested to see what they'll be wearing when they come to Champaign next week.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Does anyone know when (or if) ASU announces what combo they'll be wearing before each game? I'm interested to see what they'll be wearing when they come to Champaign next week.

I heard a rumor that we may go "stormtrooper" against Illinois, and monochrome maroon against USC.

Which would mean ASU would wear each of their 4 helmets in the first 4 weeks of the season... Kinda crazy to have a different helmet every week if you ask me

I heard a rumor that we may go "stormtrooper" against Illinois, and monochrome maroon against USC.

Which would mean ASU would wear each of their 4 helmets in the first 4 weeks of the season... Kinda crazy to have a different helmet every week if you ask me

Oh God. They'd better not.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived