Arizona State uniforms?

bucknut40

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know when (or if) ASU announces what combo they'll be wearing before each game? I'm interested to see what they'll be wearing when they come to Champaign next week.

They're going with the stormtrooper look at Illinois, all white. I'll be there in the horseshoe.

After all the talk about Maryland's new jerseys, Arizona State reveals new all black unis. Personally I find them very simple, nothing to crazy. Just perfect i my opinion.

206475_10150150101266854_22208101853_7132923_7947021_n_display_image.jpg?1302726740

Since the shoulder stripes are the outer two prongs of the pitchfork, why not have a helmet stripe that resembles the middle prong. That way you could then put Sparky back on the helmet and have the pitchfork incorporated into the uniform.

Does anyone know when (or if) ASU announces what combo they'll be wearing before each game? I'm interested to see what they'll be wearing when they come to Champaign next week.

They're going with the stormtrooper look at Illinois, all white. I'll be there in the horseshoe.

That's too bad. I was excited to get to see ASU in person this year but the one combo I didn't want to see was all-white.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I heard a rumor that we may go "stormtrooper" against Illinois, and monochrome maroon against USC.

Which would mean ASU would wear each of their 4 helmets in the first 4 weeks of the season... Kinda crazy to have a different helmet every week if you ask me

I don't mean to jump all over your post in any way, I apologize in advance...but I just don't understand why some people insist on calling it the "storm trooper" look. I understand the literal reason behind why they do it; I'm a Star Wars fan...I get it. Most of the time it has a negative connotation behind it and its usually used in the same context as the monochrome color look. I just don't see how you can equate the two. The all white look has been around since the beginning of pro football. When you think of football uniforms from the 50's & 60's, the all white look was a typical look and is almost emblematic of that era. The Colts or Jets in all white is much more timeless then the Rams or Bears in all Navy.

In my opinion the all white look is to football jerseys, what pin stripes are to baseball jerseys. sorry for the rant, but it just bugs the hell out of me.

Haha no worries. I totally understand what you are saying. I hate it too. I just called it that because it seems like most people on these boards call the all-white look the "stormtrooper" look and I thought it'd be recognizable to everyone here.

andrew-walter.jpg

The best set ASU has ever worn.

IMO it's one of the worst sets they've ever worn.

If I recall, ASU wore the white uniforms with only white pants, never gold. (And I don't think they even had maroon pants with this set). I always hated the numbers because I thought they were abnormally large and they were italicized. The striping underneath the armpits I thought was a little ridiculous too, although I've never been a fan of that on any sort of uniform. They also only wore those titans stripes on the helmets for the away games. It was a mash up of a bunch of different things that year.

They always remind of Loren Wade too, which I don't like to be reminded of.

They wore them in 03, and ditched em the next year in 04 when they signed the contract with Nike. I'm glad they never saw the field again. Ive liked everything they've put out since then, and the new ones this year are definitely growing on me.

Archived