The Big XII (or so) - Niked.

wtpirate

I like the use of the jayhawk on the helmet and sleeves. I feel like the jersey could use some sort of striping though. I'm not a big fan of the number font...I would use Trajan, like they do now. Lastly, I would make the pants stripe blue on all of the pants. That'll give the set more consistency and help balance out the road uniforms colorwise.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thought the Jayhawks should wear grey pants. I really like the look on the Giants. Not feeling the grey helmet or socks or alt jersey though. I would leave the Jayhawks with Trajan for the font. If you change it I would just use a block or maybe a sort of retro KU font.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

The right side of your Kansas concept bothers me. When looking at a player sideways (see: "action" template), you see a forward-facing Jayhawk on the helmet, but a backwards facing one on the sleeve.

You'd be messing with the logo, but perhaps you could mirror the Jayhawk for the sleeve? Or maybe switch to the KU logo? It wouldn't be outright bad by itself, but with the helmet and sleeve pointing in two directions, it looks funny.

Also, did you mirror image this template to begin with? Because the Nike Swoosh is backwards.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I really think the Big XII should change its name back to the Southwest Conference. Likewise the Big Ten should become the Great Midwest.

Concerning the concepts, Iowa State and Kansas would be better without gray.

back to Southwest Conference?

The Big XII is made up of teams formerly of the Big 8 and Southwest Conferences. It was originally the Big 8 until the four Texas schools left the Southwest Conference and joined the Big 8 to form the Big XII. So technically the Big XII was never the Southwest Conference, but Neo-Prankster was close enough.

jNTsTyQ.png

So technically the Big XII was never the Southwest Conference,

This is a fact that DeLoss Dodds and Dan Beebe would've done well to remember.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So technically the Big XII was never the Southwest Conference,

This is a fact that DeLoss Dodds and Dan Beebe would've done well to remember.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Alright! I have completed K-State. I just realy went all modern with them. I've always felt that K-State has alot of potential to do something like this, but they have never really taken advantage of it. They have a smooth, modern logo and there color scheme is ideal. So, I present to you...

The Kansas state Wildcats!

Home:

CppjMl.jpg

Road:

aCWwrl.jpg

These are the only two combos I have produced so far, and I am pretty happy with them. I would love to hear what everyone else thinks though.

Thanks,

WTPirate

PPq00.png

The all white looks good, but I'm not feeling the purple at all. What's up with the helmet stripe?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Sorry I haven't been very interactive the past couple of days, I've been working like a madman and studying. I really am enjoying the CnC and the conversations. I'll try and put a little more time into this thred for a while. Thanks everyone!

WTPirate

PPq00.png

I really think the Big XII should change its name back to the Southwest Conference. Likewise the Big Ten should become the Great Midwest.

Concerning the concepts, Iowa State and Kansas would be better without gray.

back to Southwest Conference?

The Big XII is made up of teams formerly of the Big 8 and Southwest Conferences. It was originally the Big 8 until the four Texas schools left the Southwest Conference and joined the Big 8 to form the Big XII. So technically the Big XII was never the Southwest Conference, but Neo-Prankster was close enough.

Actually, the SWC and the Big 8 joined to form a new conference called the Big 12. The Big 8 record books and the SWC record books didn't carry over. Most people just think the 4 Texas schools joined the Big 8, most likely due to the new name of Big 12, but that isn't the case.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

YEah, ideally I would love to see something like the SWC again, but I don't think that would be a viable option considering all the talk of superconferences and everything. It might be harder than we expect to find 16 good teams from Texas/Oklahoma and surrounding. But I personally think it would be awesome to see UT, OU, OkSU, TTU, TCU, Houston, ASU, AU and maybe a few others in a conference. I think that 'zona school and Texas/Oklahoma schools are a good fit for a conference.

PPq00.png

Those numbers on the K-state home jersey would be impossible to read, even on the field, regardless of whether it was day or night. The values are too similar.

Those whites look good, though. You could possibly integrate grey more into the overall look, but it works as is.

Archived