kids like this are why coaches sell their soul?

lahaye7

Could it be a gang thing? I recall a story from several years ago about Nebraska being rejected by a player they were trying to recruit because they wear red; it turned out later that said recruit had ties to the Crips gang, for whom wearing red (the Bloods' color) is a big no-no.

CCSLC signature.png

If he's using school colours as a determining factor then he's an idiot through and through.

And it's these same kind of idiots who get a free education, while us other students actually have to pay AND attend classes.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

If he's using school colours as a determining factor then he's an idiot through and through.

And it's these same kind of idiots who get a free education, while us other students actually have to pay AND attend classes.

You should be better at sports.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

e222714-3.gif

Wait....this is Baylor.

I bet his real rationale is "I don't want to go to a school that may be on the verge of dropping to the Mountain West." But you won't say that in an interview.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't see what the big deal is. You can't criticize someone for being in a position to have these kind of seemingly silly feelings, when you've never been recruited by dozens of schools, coddled your whole life, and been of the mindset that college is just a stop gap between HS and a million-dollar pro career. All things being equal, there's got to be some tie breaker, and why not like the way you look when you're playing? His comment was certainly silly, but it shows exactly why they do all this BFBS and Pro Combat and other stuff - from a business standpoint, it clearly works (and no, I don't like most of the designs either, except for Oregon.)

As long as fat kids in their parents' basements are blogging about sports, posting on sports message boards, jerking off to posters of athletes, wearing jerseys to fulfill a dream of feeling like they're on the team, etc., athletes will continue to be valued, coddled, given free educations and bajillion-dollar contracts. You can't have it both ways.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

athletes now a days go to college b/c of these things (order of importance can change at any time)

1-can this coach and program get me a paying job in the pros?

2- Will said program and coach make me go to class or will he get me out of trouble if needed?

3- are there enough coeds on campus to make me happy?

4- is the weather good?

5- will boosters pay me ? Will I get free :censored:?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I don't see what the big deal is. You can't criticize someone for being in a position to have these kind of seemingly silly feelings, when you've never been recruited by dozens of schools, coddled your whole life, and been of the mindset that college is just a stop gap between HS and a million-dollar pro career. All things being equal, there's got to be some tie breaker, and why not like the way you look when you're playing? His comment was certainly silly, but it shows exactly why they do all this BFBS and Pro Combat and other stuff - from a business standpoint, it clearly works (and no, I don't like most of the designs either, except for Oregon.)

As long as fat kids in their parents' basements are blogging about sports, posting on sports message boards, jerking off to posters of athletes, wearing jerseys to fulfill a dream of feeling like they're on the team, etc., athletes will continue to be valued, coddled, given free educations and bajillion-dollar contracts. You can't have it both ways.

Yes. Any anger about these kinds of issues should be directed at the institutions that enable them, and not the individual kids lucky enough to be part of them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not so much bragging as I am trying to defend my position on the original comment that I made, but I had the opportunity to play a sport at the collegiate level, but turned it down.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, I don't have any posters of athletes down here in the basement, and at my age, jerking off ain't what it used to be, so I guess I got that going for me. B)

BB52Big.jpg

And this is news why? Why is everyone getting worked up about this? I guess if you're a Baylor fan, I could kind of see being upset at his reason for not choosing Baylor... I guess. If he doesn't like the school colors, then he doesn't like the school colors and won't go there. It's a teenager making a choice that really isn't important for anyone but himself. If it's a bad choice, he has to deal with it, so let him make the choice and deal with the results. If he chooses a school and it works out well for him (whatever that is), does it really matter that he turned down Baylor because of colors? Part of going to college is learning to make decisions and deal with the results thereof.

If a player says publically that he's not going to a school because of their colors that should be an immediate red flag and If I was a head coach recruiting this guy I would pull back immediately. There is something very wrong with this guy that goes far deeper then what is being said in this story.

You can always find players out there under the radar talent wise that will bust their ass off for you and do far better then what the scouts say. I rather take my chances on somebody like that then bring in somebody who I'm going to have major questions about personality wise from day one.

Archived