Sports Teams Honoring 9/11

Pharos04

The Huskies changed the color of their "W" to red, white and blue for their game against Hawaii:

655e16c8.jpg

If that W is purple that is a great full time look for the Huskies.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I do remember the Nationals wearing Va. Tech hats after the massacre though.

Va. Tech hats made by New Era. New Era doesn't make the First Responder hats. Therefore, it's only OK if it's a New Era hat. Must not anger the sponsors and all.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

NEW YORK (AP) ? Major League Baseball has denied the New York Mets' request to wear baseball caps honoring New York City emergency service departments for their game against the Chicago Cubs on the 10th anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Joe Torre, MLB's executive vice president for baseball operations, told The Associated Press the decision was made to keep policy consistent throughout baseball and that "certainly, it's not a lack of respect."

The Mets wanted to wear caps Sunday night honoring police, firefighters and other first responders like the ones they wore on Sept. 21, 2001 in the first sporting event in New York after the World Trade Center attacks collapse 10 days earlier.

MLB issued a league-wide memo, saying teams must wear their everyday caps with a small flag on the side.

Good for MLB. The nonsense has to stop eventually.

We disagree about a lot of things...but THIS is NOT one of them. I'm glad they laid down the law on this one.

Archived