Michigan v Notre Dame jerseys

kurpit

I know they released what they were going to be wearing quite a while ago now but it's a little different seeing them in an actual game. As a Michigan fan I was only luke warm on their jerseys when they unveiled them but once they were on the field I thought both teams looked pretty damned cool. The big block M on the chest made for a really unique jersey without looking weird and gaudy.

11114_179542.jpg

11114_179556.jpg

I personally think what Adidas did for this game was infinitely better than the ridiculous unis Nike put Boise State and Georgia in or, even worse, what Under Armour has Maryland wearing now. I'm kind of curious as to how other people around the country felt about them.

I loved both looks, minus the Adidas super stretchy template.. In fact, I would even go as far as to say both looks are superior to their primary uniforms if Michigan were to put numbers on the front of the jersey. I understand it will never happen, and I don't hate Michigan, or Notre Dame's primary looks, but they are a little boring, and these two new looks add some flavor while still keeping the traditional look that fits both programs.

I love watching that game. I wouldn't want either team to wear those full time (except for Notre Dame's helmet), but they were great for a one-time thing. I liked Michigan's more, but both teams looked great.

I hate the fact that ND is wearing yellow pants and a metallic gold helmet. Looks terrible, though I like the simplicity of their jerseys. Real gold pants and they'd have looked good.

Michigan is a team where the uniform centrepiece is the helmet. That being the case, I think the rest needs to be fairly plain. I like the 'M' on the front, but that plus the crazy shoulder stripes is just too many ideas rolled together.

Thought they looked great under the lights for 1 game... only one thing I really didn't like and it wasn't a visual thing but did anyone else notice the amount of rips tears and holes in the jerseys as the game went on? I would think a big company like adidas could use better grade of material. Just curious sinc ethey are modified techfit jerseys is that a common problem anyone else has noticed with other schools wearing the techfit jerseys?

Thought they looked great under the lights for 1 game... only one thing I really didn't like and it wasn't a visual thing but did anyone else notice the amount of rips tears and holes in the jerseys as the game went on? I would think a big company like adidas could use better grade of material. Just curious sinc ethey are modified techfit jerseys is that a common problem anyone else has noticed with other schools wearing the techfit jerseys?

For a one-time thing it was cool. I too would of liked to of seen how the Irish looked with the gold metallic pants to match the helmet, but it was still fine as-is.

I'm a traditionalist, I believe in sticking with your team colors so that the team in identifiable

I too noticed the rips and torn material on several players during the ND-Mich game and wondered what the was all about.

The retro Adidas logo looked pretty cool .... Notre Dame gagged that game as badly as a team could possible choke ... The coaching staff with those late defensive formations should be highly reprimanded for that. Let the players lose the game if its gonna be lost, not the coaches.

The Big-M on the front of Michigan unis made me think of the old Montreal Maroons. Was pretty cool.

adidas_retro.jpg

I don't think the Notre Dame look is better than their current uniforms. I think they have a perfect look for Notre Dame... especially with no logo on the helmet.

As for Michigan, I like the M in front, but would never fly. If they just put normal numbers on the front, they would have a better set... especially compared to the white uniform that has the weird yellow pipping on it.

Michigan's unis looked better than I had previously thought. The horrible template didn't hurt these, as the stripes looked like they were supposed to be that shallow. However, ND's jerseys looked bad. Put actual wrap-around stripes on them and they would be great. It's a shame they didn't stick with the shamrock all those years ago, but you couldn't really encorporate it at this point, considering they are now a navy and gold team instead of kelly green and gold. It would look strange to have navy and gold jerseys with a gold and green helmet.

I don't think the Notre Dame look is better than their current uniforms. I think they have a perfect look for Notre Dame... especially with no logo on the helmet.

As for Michigan, I like the M in front, but would never fly. If they just put normal numbers on the front, they would have a better set... especially compared to the white uniform that has the weird yellow pipping on it.

They got rid of the yellow piping for this season.

Archived