Chiefs Logo

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I just finished doing a project for a high school lacrosse team, nicknamed the Chiefs. It's been approved and there aren't going to be any changes, but I thought I'd put it up here to see what you guys think. I also included a little textured background with it, as I've been playing around in photoshop a lot since downloading a trial of it, and thought you guys might enjoy it. I don't really have much to say on the concept, client wanted baby blue/blue/ and white, and I added the gray tone in as none of the others worked for the face color. Thanks guys!

cheifsboard.png

cheifsdrib.jpg

Pretty slick looking. While I realize you're not making changes, I'll throw in some c&c regardless..

With the hard angles on the headdress, I really think this method could've been used throughout the concept. While I think the face looks okay as it is, it looks strange when paired with the feathers. I also think the indian could use a little more emotion in his expression. That's not to say he needs to be vicious and intimidating, but maybe a little something more. It's giving sort of a somber expression currently. Out of curiosity, is there a wordmark to go with it?

Overall, I like what you've got here. It could use some tweaks, but I'd be pleased with something like this if it were my high school's lacrosse logo. It's already better than most school identities that I've seen.

Is he Jewish?

Greaaaat comment. Anyways, the client did feel I could rework the face a bit, and I know I said I wasn't making changes, but this was a last minute type thing. better?

chiefsboardnose.png

Yeah it's an improvement, but I still feel there is too much of a difference in style between the face and the headdress. It leaves the face looking kinda doughy compared to the sharp angles of the feathers. I think to get the best out of this you need to find one style and stick to it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived