2011 Rochester Red Wings's Special Jerseys

RoughRiders9

Purple is probably pancreatic cancer.

The Twins one looks like a Chinese counterfeit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd love to see more of the Star Wars patch where the musclebound bird has a lightsaber instead of a bat. It looks like he has a red lightsaber making him an evil Sith lord. I think they did that to help identify the super nerds so they knwo who to beat up (these dudes are jocks, after all).

I'd love to see more of the Star Wars patch where the musclebound bird has a lightsaber instead of a bat. It looks like he has a red lightsaber making him an evil Sith lord. I think they did that to help identify the super nerds so they knwo who to beat up (these dudes are jocks, after all).

They would beat them up because the nerds exposed these players as not being good enough to be in the major leagues...

I saw, I came, I left.

They also wore camo jerseys. I don't have the exact date, but I think it was in the end of August. They were "digital" camo with a red and yellow arched wordmark similar to the red BP jersey. The purple ones were indeed for the American Cancer Society.

These "one game only" jerseys are made by "OT" and are very cheaply made. In fact for most of them, all of the graphics (including word marks and numbers) are sublimated - see the Twins throwbacks for example.

The "FC" hat that Ice_Cap refers to stopped being worn in '06. It was used primarily as a BP cap, but occasionally in games. It was replaced with the "Ball with wings" cap that Plouffe is wearing in the photo with the red BP jersey.

As an aside, I remember when they first announced the white jerseys in April (which were new for 2011), there was supposed to be a new alternate red jersey as well. At one point it said in a newspaper article that Rawlings had had some manufacturing difficulty so they were delayed. But as it turned out, whatever they were supposed to be were never worn. Does anyone know anything more about this? Think we'll see a red alternate jersey in 2012?

Archived