Michigan STate Pro Combat

paynomind

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get it. How can Nike come up with great-looking Pro Combats for Navy and Army (I'm salivating thinking about what they'll come up with for Air Force) but terrible-looking Pro Combats for BCS AQ schools like Georgia and Michigan State?

I too find that interesting. The service academies are easily, IMHO, the best of the bunch. Hell, as I said in the other thread, I'd be thrilled if Navy eventually went full-time with thier PC uniform. That thing's a beauty. Yet, at the same time - and in the same season - these big-time schools like tOSU, Georgia, and MSU look anywhere from "mehh" to terrible.

I think that it's the attitude of the service academies towards Nike. They are engaged in the process of keeping their traditional look while getting the most out of the new materials Nike has to offer. These bigger football schools are looking at these uniforms as a recruitment tool as well as receiving those latest and greatest materials. Since the service academies normally don't recruit players through their football program, they don't need the "flashy" uniforms.

Just my two cents.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I just don't get it. How can Nike come up with great-looking Pro Combats for Navy and Army (I'm salivating thinking about what they'll come up with for Air Force) but terrible-looking Pro Combats for BCS AQ schools like Georgia and Michigan State?

I too find that interesting. The service academies are easily, IMHO, the best of the bunch. Hell, as I said in the other thread, I'd be thrilled if Navy eventually went full-time with thier PC uniform. That thing's a beauty. Yet, at the same time - and in the same season - these big-time schools like tOSU, Georgia, and MSU look anywhere from "mehh" to terrible.

I think that it's the attitude of the service academies towards Nike. They are engaged in the process of keeping their traditional look while getting the most out of the new materials Nike has to offer. These bigger football schools are looking at these uniforms as a recruitment tool as well as receiving those latest and greatest materials. Since the service academies normally don't recruit players through their football program, they don't need the "flashy" uniforms.

Just my two cents.

I never did think of it in those terms, but I think you nailed it. That makes perfect sense, really. It pays off for the service academies in my mind, as they've come away with the best looks this go around (I do love LSU's alot too, I should note).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

20110913105615_Angle.jpg

Not liking these at all... I agree with capitalcanuck, I'm getting a UAB/USF feel with these.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Once again there is an utter lack of creativity by Nike here. This year's batch of Pro Combats has been pretty disappointing. I think it may be time for Nike to end this promotion, I know they probably won't, but the majority of their elite teams who are willing to go Pro Combat have already done so, and they appear to have hit a dry spell in the creativity factor, which is the biggest part of Pro Combats. Also, how could anyone possibly think that black pants were a good idea with this uniform.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I'm hearing the "gold" is bronze. I found a better picture.

20110913104443_MSUgloves.jpg

Spartans Pro Combat

Whats on the front of the stripe? It looks like actual Greek letters...

I think Nike has gotten bored with these. The last two years they were on top of everything and everything looked great and this year they're crummy and wont even update the website....

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

As an MSU fan, I'm glad we get the publilcity, but I'm seriously bummed that Nike took away an iconic color from the school (white) and added two unnecessary colors...

Just so you're aware, you're on record as the creator of a Michigan State Pro Combat concept that stripped away all the white in favor of Nike's trusty dark grey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As an MSU fan, I'm glad we get the publilcity, but I'm seriously bummed that Nike took away an iconic color from the school (white) and added two unnecessary colors...

Just so you're aware, you're on record as the creator of a Michigan State Pro Combat concept that stripped away all the white in favor of Nike's trusty dark grey.

...because I already did a white one. Just so you're aware, I don't really care-- nor do I care for the snarky comments. Mine was a concept (one of two), this is REAL.

I don't think these are that bad, to be honest. I actually like the idea of Michigan State using bronze. I think it would really add some dynamic to their uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Call me crazy, but i like them...blink.gif

you're not crazy, I want to hate them but I can't. I would prefer if they had used some kind of silver or platinum color instead of the gold but it works for me. I'm able to separate myself from the fact that MSU is wearing gold....its actually not that hard to do.

Michigan State's actually looks pretty good by itself. It looks pretty bad as a Michigan State set, because they don't look like Michigan State uniforms. Not one, but TWO off-colors (black and bronze/gold/yellow/whatever). That sort of thing works with Oregon because we've come to expect it (plus everyone recognizes the big "O" and the unique number font). Not so much for Sparty.

Also black NOB against dark green jersey. Never again.

Archived