Ohio State's 2011 Pro Combat

bucknut40

I know it's a tough crowd when it comes to these pro combat jerseys. But I have loved the last two Nike has put out for Ohio State. But these are just becoming lazy. How are you gonna use the same helmet shell for two teams? and it appears that Ohio State didn't want a logo put on those gloves again

Edit: Ohio State actually did use a wide stripe in 1961, the year inspired by there uniforms. But still the shoulder stripe wasn't needed tumblr_lqvekcsu2X1qewpxwo1_250.jpg

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

But isn't this game being played in Michigan? As much as I'd love to see a Scarlet versus Blue match-up, I highly doubt this is going to happen and Michigan isn't going to play nice and wear whites at home. Looks like Nike has yet another tOSU up their sleeve for this game.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

But isn't this game being played in Michigan? As much as I'd love to see a Scarlet versus Blue match-up, I highly doubt this is going to happen and Michigan isn't going to play nice and wear whites at home. Looks like Nike has yet another tOSU up their sleeve for this game.

They are wearing these vs. Wisconsin on Oct. 29

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aaa.html

Hmmmm....sounds like a 2nd combat uniform for tOSU against Michigan then.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I just wish they'd continue the tradition of the buckeye stickers. The helmet stripe isn't bad. I like and don't like it but IMO, they should have carried over the shoulder sleeve stripe from that 1961 white jersey. I like the bark, and most everything there on the Ohio State set is grounded in an Ohio State Tradition.

Has it been anounced that they're wearing a pro combat against Michigan this year?

PvO6ZWJ.png

osuhelmet.jpg

osuuni.jpg

Ugly, but at least they used to wear a uniform that closely resembles this back in the day. I still think their 2009 combat uni's were one of the best ever in all of NCAAF.

OhioState3.jpg

Oh well....

Guess what? I do not like this set! I know it is hard to believe that nuordr aka New Order does not like a modern set, but it is true. The stripe should have never been put on the helmet and the uniform is just plain. However, I do like that second picture.

After viewing Stanford's set, I really like the Ohio State set so much better. Stanfords is horrible!

spacer.png

Nike needs to NOT TOUCH uniforms for rivalry games. The last 2 years, they did Pro Combats for the Ohio State/Michigan game. They need to leave it as is. I'm fine with a Pro Combat for Ohio State verse Wisconsin right now, but if this becomes a big rivalry, they need to leave tradition to tradition.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I haven't heard anything about a special uniform for the Michigan game this year.

Note on the helmets- that fat stripe you see down the middle? Non existent on the back. It tapers to a flat line about half way down the back. Kind of hard to explain.

6143508303_7a044b598b.jpg

It's basically the helmet the Buckeyes wore from 1960-1965, but I'm pretty sure the original helmet's fat stripe went all the way. I suppose this is just Nike's way of being "artistic"...I dunno.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I know it's a tough crowd when it comes to these pro combat jerseys. But I have loved the last two Nike has put out for Ohio State. But these are just becoming lazy. How are you gonna use the same helmet shell for two teams? and it appears that Ohio State didn't want a logo put on those gloves again

Edit: Ohio State actually did use a wide stripe in 1961, the year inspired by there uniforms. But still the shoulder stripe wasn't needed tumblr_lqvekcsu2X1qewpxwo1_250.jpg

Bit of helmet history here - that helmet that Ohio State wore back then was made by MacGregor; that "wide stripe" is actually a raised external pad, not a painted-on stripe. It's much more noticable on the helmets they used later in the 1960s with smoother shells - here's a photo from Helmet Hut of a game-used '65 helmet:

ohio1.jpg

It is kind of interesting that the Nike paint scheme makes use of the raised potion of the Riddell Revo Speed and painted it to look like that external pad on the 60s MacGregors. I guess that is as far as the raised section goes on the modern helmet - I've never seen a Revo Speed in person.

Bit of helmet history here - that helmet that Ohio State wore back then was made by MacGregor; that "wide stripe" is actually a raised external pad, not a painted-on stripe. It's much more noticable on the helmets they used later in the 1960s with smoother shells - here's a photo from Helmet Hut of a game-used '65 helmet:

ohio1.jpg

It is kind of interesting that the Nike paint scheme makes use of the raised potion of the Riddell Revo Speed and painted it to look like that external pad on the 60s MacGregors. I guess that is as far as the raised section goes on the modern helmet - I've never seen a Revo Speed in person.

Interesting, thank you very much. As an Ohio State fan I knew they had a helmet like that but never knew why, and yes that is as high as it goes.

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Glad to hear they'll be wearing normal uniforms against Michigan this year. You should look like yourself when you play your biggest rival.

I've liked them vs. Michigan

#RaiderUp

osuuni.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-08-25-at-11.55.39-AM.png

OSU has worn some sort of special jersey for a game every year for three years now. This year it seems like every team that is the least bit worth paying attention to is wearing a special jersey at some point.

Didn't anybody think of the fact that if you do it all the damned time then it's not special anymore?

We've only played 2 weeks of college football and I'm already sick of it. Most of these just look worse than their regular unis anyhow.

It's no longer special or unique. It's just ugly.

CUT THE :censored:, NIKE!

Archived