NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 2)

Dexter Morgan

Has San Diego ever gone all white in their current uniform set? If not I'd like to see that soon.

I've tried it in Madden and it's not terrible. The blue panels on the pants and jersey, along with the blue topped socks, break up a lot of the white.

The navy monochrome, however, is atrocious.

I just wish the Chargers still had yellow pants so they could go powder blue-on-yellow. That combo is still the quintessential Chargers look.

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

Not happening. Spanos hates yellow. Honestly, I'm shocked he agreed to re-emphasize it to the extant that it was in the last re-brand.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like those Titans uniforms have now been worn more as throwbacks than they were as regular uniforms. They're so terrible, too.

This. It was good as like a one-off thing, but now it's getting to be overkill. They should've gone with their New York Sack Exchange era jerseys as an alt like it was rumored awhile back

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I really don't understand why the Jets wear these things. Go read all the Jets fans message boards and forums. They hate them.

Message boards aren't reliable indicators of anything.

People must be buying them, or the Jets wouldn't keep bringing them back.

I've yet to see anyone wearing these so there must be another reason.

I really don't understand why the Jets wear these things. Go read all the Jets fans message boards and forums. They hate them.

Message boards aren't reliable indicators of anything.

People must be buying them, or the Jets wouldn't keep bringing them back.

I find it hard to believe they sell many of them. I have season tickets to Jets game, those uniforms are few and far between.

The Jets did not wear them last season, I wrongly thought they got rid of them for good. :mad:

Dallas+Cowboys+v+New+York+Jets+2g62S7pQMTml.jpg

I see one Jets fan wearing a Titan uni in this photo from the game Sunday night.

hahaha...Its like 'Where's Waldo?'

BTW, I actually spotted TWO fans wearing them. Can you spot the other?

I see two as well...

As do I.

I'm also a season ticket holder, and they definitely are few and far between. Also, most of the ones I see are eBay knockoffs anyway...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Has San Diego ever gone all white in their current uniform set? If not I'd like to see that soon.

I've tried it in Madden and it's not terrible. The blue panels on the pants and jersey, along with the blue topped socks, break up a lot of the white. Still, I don't think I'd want to see them try it. Something about all white just seems un-Chargers-like.

The navy monochrome, however, is atrocious.

I just wish the Chargers still had yellow pants so they could go powder blue-on-yellow. That combo is still the quintessential Chargers look.

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

Not happening. Spanos hates yellow. Honestly, I'm shocked he agreed to re-emphasize it to the extant that it was in the last re-brand.

I tried combining the Blue Coryell helmet with the current uniforms in Madden 10 and it actually looked cool IMO.

Not a fan of the Chargers in yellow pants, especially if the you-know-whos move you-know-where. I like them in white helmets, white pants, and powder blue socks home and away. Can't do white socks with them for some reason.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think the stormtrooper look would work for the Bolts. I just wish the Chargers still had yellow pants so they could go powder blue-on-yellow. That combo is still the quintessential Chargers look.

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

I never liked their yellow pants with their 60s / early 70s collegiate or powder blue jerseys .... I always liked the white pants better on them.

What I did like was their yellow pants from the very early 80s when they'd wear their Royal blue jerseys, which they didn't wear often. The usually wore white w/ yellow pants at home back then, like this game in SD against the Bills.

fouts81pf-1.jpg4773938.jpg

5362000.jpg

Why the removed the lightning bolts from the pants was a really dumb move, that's their trademark. T'was taken at the old Cleveland 'Mistake on the Lake'

4783478.jpg

Way too close to the LA Rams in that bottom picture. But you know, having white outlines on the numbers would solve that "why do the Rams only have white on their pants" dilemma, and allow two-color numbers on the road. Hmm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've gone all white with the Chargers in Madden, and I like it more than white-white-navy. I'd liek to see the Chargers add yellow pants as well, they're a team I think could get away with multimple combinations

I really don't like the navy pants. I would like to see them go with white pants if they are wearing white jerseys at home, then save the navy pants for on the road with white jerseys. Would separate out the looks.

Jets Put on Their Titans Togs for Game vs. Jaguars

Posted by Eric Allen on September 13, 2011 ? 3:42 pm

The Green & White wore their Titans unis seven times from 2007-09, going 1-1, 2-0 and 2-1 respectively for a 4-1 mark in the blue jersey/gold pants/blue helmet ensemble.

I don't think Eric Allen is very good at math.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

He also likes Norv and AJ. Spanos has weird-ass taste in things.

Dallas+Cowboys+v+New+York+Jets+2g62S7pQMTml.jpg

What's with that one random cat in the Steelers jersey? It's a Jets/Cowboys game.

I was at the Pats-Bucs preseason game and saw Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, and Packers jerseys. Theres always gonna be wierdos that go against the grain.

I feel like those Titans uniforms have now been worn more as throwbacks than they were as regular uniforms. They're so terrible, too.

This. It was good as like a one-off thing, but now it's getting to be overkill. They should've gone with their New York Sack Exchange era jerseys as an alt like it was rumored awhile back

////

I'm not sure they could have. They re-introduced the Titans unis as throwbacks in 2007 and this will be the 5th year. I believe it's a 5-year run that changed uniforms, throwbacks, and alternates have to have before you can change again, unless it's an anniversary season....

I would expect the J-E-T-S to bring back a different throwback next season under NIKE. It could be the '63 with the airplane logo in Kelly Green, or the '64-'66 Kelly Greens that has the inverted logo of what they currently have and it's pointed and on that 45° angle, but I'm guessing it'll be the one they went to in the late 70s with the green helmet, or it's 90s version when they added the black trim and green pants to the roadies.

AKA: 'The Sack Exchange unis' :grin:

My young niece (at the time) used to love Ken O'Brien and would always get one of the tickets when the J-E-T-S came to Rich.

2786156.jpg3892168.jpg

5459054.jpg4767042.jpg

Archived