NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 2)

Dexter Morgan

Jets Put on Their Titans Togs for Game vs. Jaguars

Posted by Eric Allen on September 13, 2011 ? 3:42 pm

The Green & White wore their Titans unis seven times from 2007-09, going 1-1, 2-0 and 2-1 respectively for a 4-1 mark in the blue jersey/gold pants/blue helmet ensemble.

I don't think Eric Allen is very good at math.

They wore the white version of the Titan uniforms twice in '09 I believe, thus Eric Allen would be correct in saying that.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted by Eric Allen on September 13, 2011 – 3:42 pm

The Green & White wore their Titans unis seven times from 2007-09, going 1-1, 2-0 and 2-1 respectively for a 4-1 mark in the blue jersey/gold pants/blue helmet ensemble.

They wore the white version of the Titan uniforms twice in '09 I believe, thus Eric Allen would be correct in saying that.

. . .

Yes indeedy ... they wore the NY Titans white away unis twice, losing at home to Miami in them, then they shellacked the Raiders in Oakland the following week when the CBS cameras caught Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog and trying to keep a low-profile when applying the mustard. Some classic moments live forever in ones memory banks.

They wore the home version only once for AFL-50, weeks before against Tennessee at home. Titans vs Oilers .... New York won that game.

Here he is motioning for the hot dog vendor to come on down and don't forget the mustard :grin:

09000d5d813b1420_gallery_600.jpg

mark-sanchez-eating-hot-dog_display_image.jpg?1306027402mark-sanchez-eating-hot-dog.jpg

Has San Diego ever gone all white in their current uniform set? If not I'd like to see that soon.

I don't think the stormtrooper look would work for the Bolts. I just wish the Chargers still had yellow pants so they could go powder blue-on-yellow. That combo is still the quintessential Chargers look.

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

White helmets MUST be worn with white pants. They look out of place and unbalanced unless they match the pants (exception for dark pants worn with a white jersey). White helmets are dicey. If you don't coordinate them with the pants, it looks like the equipment manager lost the helmets in transit and slapped decals on plain helmets he picked up from Sports Authority.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Has San Diego ever gone all white in their current uniform set? If not I'd like to see that soon.

I don't think the stormtrooper look would work for the Bolts. I just wish the Chargers still had yellow pants so they could go powder blue-on-yellow. That combo is still the quintessential Chargers look.

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

White helmets MUST be worn with white pants. They look out of place and unbalanced unless they match the pants (exception for dark pants worn with a white jersey). White helmets are dicey. If you don't coordinate them with the pants, it looks like the equipment manager lost the helmets in transit and slapped decals on plain helmets he picked up from Sports Authority.

So you do not believe this looks good?

09_Miami-Dolphins.jpg

I think this an excellent look.

spacer.png

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

Not true. The white socks balance the white helmet. It's a great look. I've always wished the Browns would've worn the orange socks Reebok gave them prior to their uni change in 2006. I love when the socks match the helmet.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

To your first post - I mentioned an exception for wearing dark pants with white jerseys, and by "dark" I meant team color. If the Dolphins matched those pants with the aqua or orange jerseys, however, they would look terrible.

To your second post - the socks in the above picture are clearly columbia blue. I can't tell if there is striping or just tape on them, but the major color is blue. Besides, the Chargers don't have white socks now and even with the previous set, hadn't worn the white socks since about 2004.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not true. The white socks balance the white helmet. It's a great look. I've always wished the Browns would've worn the orange socks Reebok gave them prior to their uni change in 2006. I love when the socks match the helmet.

Did you ever find out why the Browns never used these said orange socks, or if your beloved brown pants will be worn for any road games perhaps starting this week in Indy??

Last I heard the Browns shelved them for good due to fan backlash.

I gotta feeling we're gonna all be seeing Cleveland in white on white all 16 weeks, and Buffalo in white pants all 16 weeks.

The Bills will be in blue jerseys 10 of 16 games, including at Dallas and Miami. Since the merger we've only worn white one time against Dallas, that was in '84 at home, the 1st year of the red helmets and we won the game.

To your second post - the socks in the above picture are clearly columbia blue. I can't tell if there is striping or just tape on them, but the major color is blue. Besides, the Chargers don't have white socks now and even with the previous set, hadn't worn the white socks since about 2004.

No, he's wearing an extra pair of white socks over the columbia blue ones. That's what I"m complimenting....its a great look and balances out the entire uniform with the white helmet.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

No, he's wearing an extra pair of white socks over the columbia blue ones. That's what I"m complimenting....its a great look and balances out the entire uniform with the white helmet.

He is wearing white crew socks over his football socks, which are blue with white at the bottom. The white socks are just an extra pair covering the portion of his socks which are white anyway. And no, having the few inches of white at the bottom of the socks don't balance it with the helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Did you ever find out why the Browns never used these said orange socks, or if your beloved brown pants will be worn for any road games perhaps starting this week in Indy??

Last I heard the Browns shelved them for good due to fan backlash.

I gotta feeling we're gonna all be seeing Cleveland in white on white all 16 weeks, and Buffalo in white pants all 16 weeks.

The Bills will be in blue jerseys 10 of 16 games, including at Dallas and Miami. Since the merger we've only worn white one time against Dallas, that was in '84 at home, the 1st year of the red helmets and we won the game.

I believe it was Butch Davis that didn't want the orange sock on the field. And sadly yes, my beloved brown pants are more than likely shelved again this season too...I haven't heard anything else otherwise. They're still part of their current uni set, but not liked very much by Holmgren. I think it's cool they are giving a shout-out to the 1960's era, but I wish it wasn't for every home game. Their brown jersey is one of the best in the league, IMO. Oh well...

We've already talked in private about the blue pants....you know that answer. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

He is wearing white crew socks over his football socks, which are blue with white at the bottom. And no, having the few inches of white at the bottom of the socks don't balance it with the helmet.

Socks are socks, man. lol

I guess we will agree to disagree about socks balancing a same-colored helemt.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Socks are socks, man. lol

I guess we will agree to disagree about socks balancing a same-colored helemt.

I edited my post to clarify. There is no additional white on his socks. The white socks he is wearing are covering the portion of his football socks which is white anyway. Although we are seeing less and less of them today, that is what traditional footbal socks look like.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I believe it was Butch Davis that didn't want the orange sock on the field. And sadly yes, my beloved brown pants are more than likely shelved again this season too...I haven't heard anything else otherwise. They're still part of their current uni set, but not liked very much by Holmgren. I think it's cool they are giving a shout-out to the 1960's era, but I wish it wasn't for every home game. Their brown jersey is one of the best in the league, IMO. Oh well...

We've already talked in private about the blue pants....you know that answer. :P

I never brought up the subject of 'blue pants' today my friend .... I've already waved the white flag on that issue. You misread that one.

What I wrote is that we'll be in our home blue jerseys for 10 of 16 games ... including Dallas and the Fish on the road.

BTW, are the orange pants included in your newer set?? I had meant to ask you about that.

If so, maybe the Browns will wear them this Sunday .... or better yet ...... perhaps the Colts will wear their white throwbacks w/ the blue helmet and you lot will be in your brown jerseys. That would be a good thing right?

I like that old Baltimore throwback ... it looks like a real football uniform without all the modern day bullshít.

colts+throwbacks+2.jpg

BTW, are the orange pants included in your newer set?? I had meant to ask you about that.

If so, maybe the Browns will wear them this Sunday

The orange pants were replaced with the brown pants in 2006. Cleveland is one of the teams eligible for a uniform change 2012 since they will be past the required 5 years.

I like those Colts throwbacks too.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Posted by Eric Allen on September 13, 2011 ? 3:42 pm

1-1, 2-0, 2-1 = 5-2, not 4-1. He's correct in the actual blue jersey record, but he included the white jerseys in the count for the 2009 season. I guess it's a bit confusing how he combined the two facts together

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

pg2_g_alworth_400.jpg

I never liked their yellow pants with their 60s / early 70s collegiate or powder blue jerseys .... I always liked the white pants better on them.

What I did like was their yellow pants from the very early 80s when they'd wear their Royal blue jerseys, which they didn't wear often. The usually wore white w/ yellow pants at home back then, like this game in SD against the Bills.

fouts81pf-1.jpg4773938.jpg

5362000.jpg

Why they removed the lightning bolts from the pants was a really dumb move, that's their trademark. T'was taken at the old Cleveland 'Mistake on the Lake'

4783478.jpg

If you look at the years the photos were taken, it appears as if the lightning bolt replaced the pant stripes, not the other way around.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If you look at the years the photos were taken, it appears as if the lightning bolt replaced the pant stripes, not the other way around.

With US Presswire photos, especially ones from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, the dates on the photos haven't always been from the particular season that shows up on them.

Here's one from the early 90s without bolts on the pants at a home game at the Murph. This was shortly after they brought the blue pants back after all-white roadies in the late 80s. They darkened the blue in 1988 and switched the mask from yellow to dark navy.

This photo probably was from 1991 season.

5455814.jpg

Archived