Lights Out's College Football ProCombats

Lights Out

IOWA HAWKEYES

iWUzG.png

The sleeve design is inspired by Iowa's infamous Apex One uniforms, while the pants striping is inspired by their basketball shorts. I used the updated hawkeye logo that was proposed in 2000, because I think it looks a lot cleaner and better overall. The number/NOB font, again, is currently used by Iowa's basketball team. I'm a big proponent of consistency across a school's uniforms in all sports, so this is a step towards that. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I dig the helmet and top...but not so much the pants. The first thought I had was that the striping pattern was giving me the bird :P I'd say make the pattern two stripes like the top, and remove the diamond. I get that you're going for identity consistency and I admire that, but I'm not sure those little things work here. Anyways, fix those up and you've got a winner! Nice work and good on you for using the modern hawk! Really like it! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

A clean look that goes away from the Steelers imitation. For the most part, I'm partial to everything. Except the pant stripe. I get the inspiration behind it, but I feel like that will just look very thick in reality. Maybe go with two stripes for consistency with the jersey and offset them like the sleeves? Good start here.

I really like it...the color selection, the striping, the font, the logo...all of it works really well. My only suggestion would be to flip the pants stripes and lower them so they're below the horizontal seam, then put the logo on the side of the pants.

Muuuch better! I love that. I'll "third" mbannon's suggestion too, and after that I think you'll have a perfect set! Well done!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I will fix Iowa soon, but in the meantime here's the...

BOISE STATE BRONCOS

lR1IX.png

The turf pattern on the helmet shell, sleeves, and pants panels reflects the famous blue turf of Boise State. The serif numbers with drop shadows reflect the numbers on the yard lines. The orange striping is there merely to accent the design and make sure that orange is used. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like the direction of this one. Though, I'd stick with the regular number font. That yard marker font is not very distinctive. You could use that rationale for most NFL teams and a lot of NCAA teams, besides Boise. It's not like it's an exclusive font to the Broncos field. Looks good, though!

This is great, I've actually thought about doing a concept like this before using the turf texture but I never did, you executed it very well though and the matching number font looks good, I'm sure the Mountain West would have a come apart if Boise tried wearing these at home.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Yeah, I don't like how Iowa and the Steelers muddy up their look with white. The only football teams that can really pull off using yellow AND white are the Chargers and the Minnesota Gophers, IMO.

Agreed. Too many uniforms use white when it's not really needed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived