2011 NFL Power Rankings

Cujo

I'm not a fan of the team by any means, but they look more impressive to me than, say, Washington (who I've admittedly not paid any attention to at all).

You have to consider both teams were thought to be the front-runners for the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes entering the season.

The Bengals lost to the Broncos. I still can't get past that. I'm still waiting for them to beat someone like Baltimore or Pittsburgh before I start talking about them being "more impressive" than anyone. Dalton has looked good, though.

The Bengals are competitive, but not bad. The Bills and 49ers were also projected to be first-round-pick bad too, but look how that's turned out so far?

I agree with you though -- I'm definitely interested to see Cincinnati's Pittsburgh and Baltimore games to see who's really good in that division.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15. Giants (+1)

19. Redskins (+1)

20. Eagles (-1)

Once again I have to ask if you actually watch the games. The Giants are 2-3 and just got punk'd by Seattle. The Eagles are 1-4, dead last in the division yet only fell one spot, one place behind the first-place Redskins.

How are the Cowboys at 9 but the Bills at 12? Your rankings make no sense at all.

Giants are actually 3-2 not 2-3. And if you look he said he was basing his Cowboys spot on strength of schedule, Cowboys opponents are 14-5 this year, every team that they played this year looks like they could compete for a playoff spot. I agree with the Redskins being the 3rd highest team in that division, just not that low. Redskins have played a ridiculously easy schedule. So far they are just a product of that schedule.

But yet he has the Steelers ranked 5th when their wins came over the teams he has ranked 14th, 26th and 32nd. His rankings aren't even consistent with themselves. The Texans are somehow still a top-10 team, even without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. The Jets are 13th even with Mark Sanchez playing atrocious football, and one of their two wins is against Jacksonville. Their win over Dallas was more a product of Tony Romo being Tony Romo than it was about the Jets being a good team.

Hence why I have to ask if he watches the games. Hell, or even the highlight recaps. There simply doesn't seem to be any sort of rhyme or reason to it.

15. Giants (+1)

19. Redskins (+1)

20. Eagles (-1)

Once again I have to ask if you actually watch the games. The Giants are 2-3 and just got punk'd by Seattle. The Eagles are 1-4, dead last in the division yet only fell one spot, one place behind the first-place Redskins.

How are the Cowboys at 9 but the Bills at 12? Your rankings make no sense at all.

Well I've followed my power rankings pretty much to a tee for the two weeks I've been playing the pick 'em game and am only one point behind the leader so I can't be that far off.

15. Giants (+1)

19. Redskins (+1)

20. Eagles (-1)

Well I've followed my power rankings pretty much to a tee for the two weeks I've been playing the pick 'em game and am only one point behind the leader so I can't be that far off.

That doesn't justify your rankings at all. That's the same sort of logic that suggests Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino because Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Marino didn't.

15. Giants (+1)

19. Redskins (+1)

20. Eagles (-1)

Giants are actually 3-2 not 2-3. And if you look he said he was basing his Cowboys spot on strength of schedule, Cowboys opponents are 14-5 this year, every team that they played this year looks like they could compete for a playoff spot. I agree with the Redskins being the 3rd highest team in that division, just not that low. Redskins have played a ridiculously easy schedule. So far they are just a product of that schedule.

But yet he has the Steelers ranked 5th when their wins came over the teams he has ranked 14th, 26th and 32nd. His rankings aren't even consistent with themselves. The Texans are somehow still a top-10 team, even without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. The Jets are 13th even with Mark Sanchez playing atrocious football, and one of their two wins is against Jacksonville. Their win over Dallas was more a product of Tony Romo being Tony Romo than it was about the Jets being a good team.

Hence why I have to ask if he watches the games. Hell, or even the highlight recaps. There simply doesn't seem to be any sort of rhyme or reason to it.

I'm not arguing with you over those rankings. I just agree with his NFC East rankings.

I'm not arguing with you over those rankings. I just agree with his NFC East rankings.

So the Giants are ranked ahead of the Redskins based on what? Beating Arizona thanks to a controversial call, then following that up by losing at home to Seattle? The teams they've beaten have a combined record of 2-12.

And then there's that whole thing about losing by 14 against the Redskins in week one.

I honestly see no reason for the Giants to be ranked ahead of the Redskins at this point. There simply is no logic behind it.

So the Giants are ranked ahead of the Redskins based on what? Beating Arizona thanks to a controversial call, then following that up by losing at home to Seattle? The teams they've beaten have a combined record of 2-12.

And then there's that whole thing about losing by 14 against the Redskins in week one.

I honestly see no reason for the Giants to be ranked ahead of the Redskins at this point. There simply is no logic behind it.

If you want to play a numbers game, the 3 teams that the Redskins have beat have 4 wins combined. And 3 of them are from the Giants. And even though the Giants barely beat Arizona at least that was a road game. Washington barely squeaked out a win at home against them. If the Redskins beat the Eagles this week then I'll take them seriously but right now I'm noy.

nfl_s.gif WEEK 5 FINAL

1 ? Green Bay Packers

2 ? New England Patriots

3 ? New Orleans Saints

4 ? Baltimore Ravens

5 ? Detroit Lions

6 ? San Diego Chargers

7 ? Buffalo Bills

8 ? Houston Texans

9 ? San Francisco 49ers

10 ? Pittsburgh Steelers

ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท

28 ? Denver Broncos

29 ? Jacksonville Jaguars

30 ? Indianapolis Colts

31 ? Miami Dolphins

32 ? St. Louis Rams

6uXNWAo.png

You're all putting the Lions too far down.

Head-to-head, I don't seem Detroit beating any of the teams I have listed ahead of them -- not yet anyways.

You don't agree with me. That means you're wrong.

In all seriousness, though, I honestly think that the Lions could beat those teams.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Isn't the slightly inflated view of the Lions this week due to a good win on MNF? If they'd beaten the Bears in similar fashion on Sunday lunchtime, would the media and a few fans on here have been quite so hot on the Lions?? I'm not saying they aren't a very good team, but I am not sure that they will be looking so pretty after playing San Fran on a short week.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If you want to play a numbers game, the 3 teams that the Redskins have beat have 4 wins combined. And 3 of them are from the Giants. And even though the Giants barely beat Arizona at least that was a road game. Washington barely squeaked out a win at home against them. If the Redskins beat the Eagles this week then I'll take them seriously but right now I'm noy.

Because the Eagles have proven themselves to be such a powerhouse? Seriously, the only two teams left on the Redskins schedule who most would consider to be "good" this year are the 49ers, Bills and Patriots.

That doesn't change the two facts: a) the Redskins handily beat the Giants head-to-head, and b) the Giants have two losses, one to a pretty bad Seahawks team at home. Unless you believed the Giants were that far ahead of the Redskins entering week 5 (which either meant you had no respect whatsoever for the Skins beating the Giants in week 1, or you didn't watch the Giants struggle against the Cardinals in week 4), there's no reason they should still be ahead of the Skins at this point in the season.

Tinkering around trying to find the best way to do power rankings...this was based of NFL rankings of 10 Key Stats

Kinda surprise to see HOU at #1...but they are in the Top 10 of every key stat that I based these off of.

1. HOU - 75 (3-2)

2. GB - 77 (5-0)

3. DET - 84 (5-0)

4. NO - 85 (4-1)

5. SD - 97 (4-1)

6. NE - 105 (4-1)

7. SF - 109 (4-1)

8. BAL - 123 (3-1)

9. OAK - 127 (3-2)

10. BUF - 128 (4-1)

11. CIN - 132 (3-2)

12. PHI - 134 (1-4)

13. TEN - 136 (3-2)

14. PIT - 141 (3-2)

15. MIN - 142 (1-4)

16. WAS - 146 (3-1)

17. DAL - 146 (2-2)

18. NYG - 158 (3-2)

19. CAR - 170 (1-4)

20. TB - 172 (3-2)

21. ATL - 181 (2-3)

22. NYJ - 182 (2-3)

23. CLE - 184 (2-2)

24. CHI - 189 (2-3)

25. DEN - 213 (1-4)

26. ARZ - 214 (1-4)

27. SEA - 227 (2-3)

28. JAX - 227 (1-4)

29. MIA - 236 (0-5)

30. IND - 244 (0-5)

31. KC - 245 (2-3)

32. STL - 249 (0-5)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

After Week 5

(01) 01. Green Bay

(02) 02. Baltimore

(03) 03. New England

(04) 04. New Orleans

(06) 05. Detroit

(08) 06. Buffalo

(12) 07. Oakland

(05) 08. Houston

(15) 09. San Francisco

(10) 10. Washington

(14) 11. Dallas

(18) 12. Pittsburgh

(17) 13. San Diego

(07) 14. Tampa Bay

(09) 15. Tennessee

(19) 16. Atlanta

(16) 17. Chicago

(11) 18. NY Giants

(13) 19. NY Jets

(20) 20. Cincinnati

(22) 21. Carolina

(26) 22. Seattle

(27) 23. Kansas City

(30) 24. Minnesota

(21) 25. Philadelphia

(24) 26. Cleveland

(23) 27. Arizona

(25) 28. Jacksonville

(28) 29. Denver

(32) 30. St. Louis

(29) 31. Indianapolis

(31) 32. Miami

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif406.gifefanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gifc0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

Week 6

1. Green Bay

2. New England

3. Baltimore

4. Detroit

5. New Orleans

6. San Francisco

7. Buffalo

8. Pittsburgh

9. San Diego

10. Oakland

------------------------------