knnhrvy Gives Pro Combat a Try

knnhrvy16

I like to keep upcoming teams a suprise, but I will say that I'm looking into either a Big XII or Pac-12 team next.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hey all!

Just wanted to let you guys know that the selected Pac-12 team is finished. Photobucket is being stubborn, however, and won't let me upload anything. Apparently (and it may just be me), random links on Photobucket are broken. The one I need - Upload, of course - just so happens to be one of the broken ones for now. So, stay tuned - I'll have the concept up as soon as Photobucket lets me!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Alright.

Photobucket just won't work for me for whatever reason, so I got an imageshack account and unless my photobucket gets back to normal, I'll be uploading my concepts through imageshack. Let's hope it works this time! :P

I apologize that I'm in a terrible rush, so my explaination for this concept may not be as detailed as my previous ones, so again I apologize.

The Pac-12 team is....the Colorado Buffaloes.

Inspiration: I really loved the whole silver-gold-silver look that Colorado's 1930's throwbacks have, and decided to use that as sort of a base. However, I envisioned a more..."chaotic" looking uniform for Colorado, and thus didn't go full-on throwback here. This is probably the craziest (or at least most out-of-the-box) of the concepts so far. Now, I'm a HUGE Garth Brooks fan. One of my favorite songs of his is "The Thunder Rolls". I loved the thought of a "Thunder" inspired uniform for the Buffs, and decided that along with the chaotic, intimidating theme, that I'd send the Buffs in a new direction. With the idea of silver-gold-silver and the aforementioned themes above, I rolled out what you're about to see.

Design:

2011procombatcolorado.png

First off - silver helmet. I was torn between using horns, like the throwback helmet, or the logo. Then, a new idea popped into my head; a Michigan Panthers-like design in which a Buffalo dominates the helmet. I wanted to really let the massive size and intimidation factor of buffaloes show in the helmet. Then, throught the jersey and pants, you see your thunder-y theme. Thick bolt designs adorn the sleeves and pants. Finally, the numbers and all text found on the uniform are italicized and stroked to imply a speeding, powerful motion.

Concerns: The idea as a whole. Me usually being closer to a traditionalist than not, I look at this concept as being a big risk. I'm hoping that everything fits and that the theme "works". It's one of those designs that looks great in your head, but you're unsure of how it will be taken when it's on a monitor.

Alright, let me have it! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

You need to get a better template. This is an amazing design, but it looks like crap on this template. I would love to see this on something that looks cleaner.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

There is something so great about that Colorado concept, for some reason I'm just in love with it. I applaud you for making, good, clean designs on an otherwise sloppy paint template. All of your for concepts are great examples for other paint users to follow, although I highly recommend you get Inkscape. It would only improve your already fantastic concepts.

Solid work here, sir.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I appreciate the C&C and kind words, guys! Much appreciated, and glad to see a general liking so far.

I will definetely look into Inkscape. I am completely unfamiliar with it at this point, but considering it's free I'd love to give it a go if you all say it will help. Thanks for the suggestions!

If you all don't mind, just a quick friendly bump here. Any other C&C, anyone? I've been drowning in schoolwork this weekend (two essays to write and two exams to study for!), and haven't been able to start another concept. I hope to get back on the series soon, within the next few days after all the craziness settles. The next conference I'm looking at is the Big XII, but I also have an idea in mind for a Mountain West team as well that I'm really excited about. You may be seeing them next.

Again, just a friendly reminder, no requests, please. At this point, I pretty much have all the teams set that I'd like to tackle. And I'm a surprise kind of guy, so the remaining teams will remain unnamed. Also at this point, I'd like to remind everyone that the criteria for teams in this series is that 1) each team featured is a team that has yet to wear a Pro Combat series uniform (so for example, that rules out TCU, Boise, Ohio State, etc.) and 2) at this point, I am doing ONE team from each FBS conference (including independents).

Thanks again everyone! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived