NFL Simple Tweaks

darkhaha

IMHO, there are a number of teams in the NFL who could improve their look with some very simple tweaks. Here are a few ideas... I apologize for my extremely rudimentary Photoshop abilities -- but hope you get the idea anyway.

First off, if the Rams ARE going to continue to use the blue pants, they might as well make the striping pattern work better. Either invert the stripes, which seem to make them better relate to the jersey, or just do a solid gold panel, as others have suggested...

Ramsgold-white_stripe.jpgRamsthickgoldpantsstripe.jpg

I've heard a lot of people talking about the Redskins' yellow pants, but to me the real problem is that the socks don't match the color of the jerseys. If they were to wear their normal dark socks they would have a very clean look:

2011Redskins_1a.jpg

More to come...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I'd like to see the Rams use a gold-white stripe on the pants where the gold is just a tad wider, to mimick the jersey stripe. The gold pants can stay the same, if they still exist, and the white pants should be different as well. Too much inconcsitency in their look at the moment, and I'm not sure a fat gold stripe would fix it.

6151652622_a55e057090_z.jpg

If we're going for consistency, let's make the blue pants match the gold stripe-less pants. I would even be happy with white stripe-less pants as well. If you want a little bit more color, plop the logo down on their hip.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

If we're going for consistency, let's make the blue pants match the gold stripe-less pants. I would even be happy with white stripe-less pants as well. If you want a little bit more color, plop the logo down on their hip.

I am philosophically opposed to stripe-less pants in the NFL. However, the gold pants for this Rams set worked initially because there was a gold side panel on both the home and away jerseys. I know some people here don't like gussets (side panels) on football jerseys, but I thought this Rams' set was great in its first incarnation. They have been very slowly going downhill ever since.

With no stripes on the blue pants and socks, you get the dreaded leotard effect, one of the worst current trends in modern football uni design. Just my two cents, though :)

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I am philosophically opposed to stripe-less pants in the NFL. However, the gold pants for this Rams set worked initially because there was a gold side panel on both the home and away jerseys. I know some people here don't like gussets (side panels) on football jerseys, but I thought this Rams' set was great in its first incarnation. They have been very slowly going downhill ever since.

With no stripes on the blue pants and socks, you get the dreaded leotard effect, one of the worst current trends in modern football uni design. Just my two cents, though :)

My problem with this look is that the helmet is gold and blue, while the jersey is gold, blue and white. Either subtract the white from the jersey, or add some white into the helmet horn, then we can worry about the pants.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

downgrades? if i may explain the reasoning for mine... when atlanta first introduced their uniforms in 2003, it appeared that the "law," if you will, of the uniform was first color jersey, third color sleeves. the piping being the third color also, matched the piping on the pants and stood out from the same colored tapered side panel. all of this stayed consistent on the white jersey. enter the third color alternate. the sleeve, in my opinion, should then be changed to primary color, along with the piping. the piping did change, in order to match the alternate pants, however, the sleeves now matched the jersey and the side panel matched the piping, making it less eye catching- again, in my opinion. now that the red jerseys are the primary, i feel that this change would greatly improve the overall look and stay consistent with the design. thats my shpiel (sp).

debatable...

i mean, obviously that's what it's become. i just thought it should have gone the other way. i've thought that since 03. hell, i still wish they'd where black on white as their home uniforms, white on black on the road, switch up the monochromes every now and again and send red back to being the alternate. and do it the way i depicted above. and never ever wear red on black again.

The Redskins never wore yellow pants.

did you watch any of their games last year?

http://www.nfl.com/photos?teamName=Washington+Redskins&teamseason=2010&teamid=5110

He's probably going to try to tell you that yellow has no place in the Redskins color scheme, and that the proper color is either "gold" or "athletic gold" or something, even though any common person would label that as the color yellow.

http://www.nfl.com/photos?teamName=Washington+Redskins&teamseason=2010&teamid=5110

He's probably going to try to tell you that yellow has no place in the Redskins color scheme, and that the proper color is either "gold" or "athletic gold" or something, even though any common person would label that as the color yellow.

It's clearly in the yellow family, but there are definitely different hues and values of yellow within that, and athletic gold is a perfectly fine term for this color. I believe crayola calls this color dandelion, even though actual dandelions are usually brighter, more of a true yellow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's clearly in the yellow family, but there are definitely different hues and values of yellow within that, and athletic gold is a perfectly fine term for this color. I believe crayola calls this color dandelion, even though actual dandelions are usually brighter, more of a true yellow.

Right, and I get that. I just think it's silly for some people to be so stubborn and argue endlessly that it is not yellow. It clearly exists within the yellow family. At the end of the day, the names of colors are meaningless. I believe ColorWerx has shown in the past that various teams use the same IDENTICAL colors and used them under different names. So I just call it as I see it: yellow. Haha.

debatable...

It's clearly not debatable. It's always black-white-red-white-black in every jersey. The only thing that changes is the piping because your wouldn't be able to see the red piping from the black and white jerseys on a red jersey.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

Archived