Anaheim Mighty Ducks Concept

elijas

In a vacuum, these look alright. But in the context of the NHL, they're way too similar to what San Jose has going on.

I'm curious about the predominance of black as well. Yes, I know it's part of the duck mask logo, but Anaheim had two very unique colours going for them during that era in jade and eggplant. You've dropped the eggplant altogether and relegated the jade to mere trim. I think you've got to turn down the black and turn up the other colours to really make it unique and workable.

Also ? and I was going to mention this on your Capitals concept too ? don't be afraid to go outside the confines of the seams on the template. Don't get lazy and get in the habit of just using the paint bucket tool in between the grey lines.

Personally I never liked the purple and green Ducks, and that's mostly what inspired me to make a Mighty Ducks concept. Even though it's a very unique color scheme, I don't find it attractive.

You're absolutely right though, there is a strong resemblance to the Sharks jersey, even though I took out the orange and tried a slightly different shade of teal. Thanks for that last tip though, I'll try it out tonight. Good C&C! :)

Archived