NFL Pro Combat

JTernup

Okay, so what's the inspiration behind this set? Why is the yellow so bright? What significance to "SHOW ME" and "CHIEFS WILL" have to the design of the uniform?

Dude please stop acting like this. You've been a big douche bag lately and it's dissapointing because you make great concepts.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Okay, so what's the inspiration behind this set? Why is the yellow so bright? What significance to "SHOW ME" and "CHIEFS WILL" have to the design of the uniform?

Dude please stop acting like this. You've been a big douche bag lately and it's dissapointing because you make great concepts.

I'm not sure what asking legitimate questions pertaining to the concept has to do with being a douchebag. The OP didn't give any explanation at as to his meaning behind any design elements, so I'd say it's perfectly fine to ask those question. As far as the concept goes, I actually really like the helmet. The yellow could be toned down a bit though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

actually those were all pretty reasonable questions...

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Reasonable questions, mostly, but how 'bout some constructive criticism to go along with the guns abazin' attitude? As for Show Me, perhaps a geography lesson that Kansas City resides in the Show Me state of Missouri should be in order.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Reasonable questions, mostly, but how 'bout some constructive criticism to go along with the guns abazin' attitude? As for Show Me, perhaps a geography lesson that Kansas City resides in the Show Me state of Missouri should be in order.

Wow, let's pump the brakes. Holy :censored:. Yes, I realize what the "Show Me State" is. What does it have to do with the design of the uniform? I find nothing "douche bag" -esque about my questions. We were given no explanation. Pardon me for asking for one-- because it's hard to give C&C on a concept that is normally accompanied with an explanation (Pro Combat).

Show me is just the Nike motto, It was really a last second thing to make it seem more Nike.

Chiefs will is the teams motto, many shirts the players and coaches wear say Chiefs will on them so I decided to add it to the jerseys.

The Yellow and red are both much brighter than what the Chiefs actually use. I just think it looks more sharp, also Nike doesn't really care about team colors, so it seemed appropriate.

The striping is really just a more modern take on the chiefs real stripes. The sleeve cuff makes up the bottom portion of the Red-Yellow-Red stripes on their sleeves.

Remember, this is supposed to be a Pro Combat.

Now that I've explained everything like I should of to begin with, C&C appreciated.

-KCCF

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Show me is just the Nike motto, It was really a last second thing to make it seem more Nike.

Chiefs will is the teams motto, many shirts the players and coaches wear say Chiefs will on them so I decided to add it to the jerseys.

The Yellow and red are both much brighter than what the Chiefs actually use. I just think it looks more sharp, also Nike doesn't really care about team colors, so it seemed appropriate.

The striping is really just a more modern take on the chiefs real stripes. The sleeve cuff makes up the bottom portion of the Red-Yellow-Red stripes on their sleeves.

Remember, this is supposed to be a Pro Combat.

Now that I've explained everything like I should of to begin with, C&C appreciated.

-KCCF

Thank you for all this.

This is part teacher/part Nike apologist speaking here, but hear me out:

Nike Pro Combat uniforms are traditionally (this year is a wacky exception) created to embody the history and/or attitude of the team. Take, for instance, Boise's asymmetrical design-- a team that doesn't do things conventionally, and always keeps its opponents of balance. Oregon's introduction of the 'volt' color was to give the illusion of speed, not just for kicks and giggles-- it was the inspiration behind their title game unis, showing speed in a new way.

Now, we get to the issue with a lot of Pro Combat concepts we see now on the forums: they are not this well thought-out. And while I can appreciate a unique concept, I think there's so much more potential behind a Pro Combat concept. There's an opportunity to tell a story, to instill an image about your team (speed, toughness, etc.)-- something past "it looks cool."

I think a lot of people fault Nike for just going with "what looks cool", and they use that as an out when making concepts. As much as I hate what they did this year, there was reasoning behind most of what they did in the shallowest forms (IE MSU's bronze).

So, this is not me being a douche-- as griffinmarlins so eloquently dubbed me-- this me helping another designer understand how to elevate this concept to the next level, should you want to. I think it's worth pursuing, because most concepts with back stories come out very nice.

Best of luck.

Archived