Brave Bird's NFL Nike Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

I dig what I'm seeing! A little more reserved Falcons set that is still very reminiscent of the current digs...a fantastic Saints concept that brings a slightly new identity while still easily recognizable and a revamp of the Panthers that is off to a good start. For the Panthers, though, I would suggest a pant stripe that is both a- in line with the curved helmet and sleeve stripes, and b- not nearly identical to the Falcons pant stripe. I think more black on the blue jersey could go a long way. It's a light colored jersey, black numbers maybe? Looking good!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all of these a lot. Falcons is a great way to keep it modern. Saints is great as well. LOVE that alternate. I just would rather see the logo on the sleeves. The Panthers is awesome. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. I'd also go with all black as the third.

My only gripe is the Falcons and Panthers pants stripe. It looks off. Maybe you could post an action photo to give us a better sense of how it is supposed to look.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I like what you did with the Panthers. The Carolina blue looks good, and I really like the sleeves. I feel like the slashes in the numbers makes them a little gimmicky...I would drop them. Also, on the black jersey, I would make the sleeve cuffs blue to match the the other unis (stripe and cuffs being the same color). Also, like the others said, I'd work on the pants stripe. I feel like it should be more rounded like the crescent stripe.

The panthers and saints sets are AMAZING!!!

I agree that the panthers stripe could use some tweaking but its not bad how it is. Also, the saints home jersey would benefit from gold numbers IMO. The gold numbers are a really strong piece of the identity for me but that just my opinion.

cant wait for the eagles!

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I am not a fan of the Panthers, I understand the change of blue, but the color you chose looks faded and washed out. The helmet is my favorite part of this, overall looks clean and well made. My biggest gripe is the numbers, they are flat out to thick, the number 1 looks great, but what about a jersey with the number 99? How will that fit. The slash is a good idea, but seems so out of place with the rest of the uniforms.

Please keep in mind this is just constructive criticism and I am in no way trying to put down your work.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-I'm not a fan of the combination of orange and pewter, which I've seen some artists pull off here. So, I went with a color scheme of cherry, pewter, and black...which is still unique enough to stand on it's own. The uniform design tries to play the color scheme as well as possible, while limiting white (no white pants) to just the numbers on the home jersey. The alternate is meant to be a tad different...after I rendered it I stared at it for a while and realized it definitely looked "Nike" enough! haha. The number font is based off of the font FSU used on their pro combats...I know FSU's radio announcer also calls the Bucs games, so I kind of tied them in. Anyways...

exportA-3.png

exportB-3.png

You've inspired me to restart my NFL thread, and take a page out of your book in terms of organization and presentation. Love this thread, love these concepts. Not a huge fan of the number font for the Bucs. Also, I'd add the ship alternate logo to the hips.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Love the Bucs. The design is great, the number font looks really good, and that pewter alt is scary.

Only two issues. One, keep the ship logo on the sleeves. Two, the text explaining the concept says "The block font is replaced with the pewter uniform..." I think you're missing a line in there happy.gif

I dig it. Nice work on Tampa-- I like that you used so much pewter, I think it's a cool color that they should capitalize on. The only slight thing that is distracting my eyes is the off-color pad shelf on the away unis. Your other two have matching shoulders, but the away has red. It's not a necessity, but I think it may look that much cleaner if you kept it consistent. Nice work.

Love your work on these concepts so far, and I am also working on a Nike NFL redesign. I figured a lot of people would be, so I'm not too surprised. I love what you've done about number fonts. Gone are the days when it made sense to have a standard block font. You're being creative and smart with each team and they all look great. Keep it up!

Archived