Brave Bird's NFL Nike Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

These are all exceptional.

I only have minor gripes for the Panthers and Bucs sets, which are oddly my favorite two haha.

For the Panthers, the only change I'd make is to have the stripe/sleeve designs match even better. I'm being nitpicky.

For example, since the dominant stripe color on the helmet is black and the trim stripe is light blue, make the white jersey's dominant stripe (in this case, the sleeves) black with the light blue trim stripe and the white pants dominant stripe black with a light blue trim stripe.

I love it now, but this would make it even better.

And for the Bucs, I'm only nitpicking here too.

I think since the sleeve/shoulder match on the home and road, they should match on the alternate as well. And I think red pants would have been a better option than the black.

All in all, A+ so far for the series. I would not complain at all if each team adopted these designs.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philadelphia Eagles

-The 2004(?) addition of charcoal to the Eagles color scheme still has me shaking my head. I also never liked the black jerseys the Eagles wore, as they were too close for comfort to the midnight green. I made a switch in the color palette here, going for a new green that is a few notches up and left...not quite "Kelly", but closer. I also ditched charcoal and brought in grey. Black is very important to the integrity of the Eagles logos and helmet design, which I think looks amazing, so I incorporated black ever so slightly into the uniforms to hold it together. The overall look is a sleek update of the classic Eagles jersey stripes. Instead of doing a grey or black alternate, I decided an all-white look would sit well with Andy Reid...though I'd prefer it be used on the road.

exportA-4.png

exportB-4.png

The first four sets are beautiful, can't wait to see what you have in store for Denver.

I'd also love to see these displayed in an action template.

That's a very good idea. I'll get to those as well. Mayhaps when the Conference is complete, I'll just let out a bunch of action shots. Putting those together takes time, and the time I have to do graphics, and not other stuff, is slim, but I like the idea!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-I'm not a fan of the combination of orange and pewter, which I've seen some artists pull off here. So, I went with a color scheme of cherry, pewter, and black...which is still unique enough to stand on it's own. The uniform design tries to play the color scheme as well as possible, while limiting white (no white pants) to just the numbers on the home jersey. The alternate is meant to be a tad different...after I rendered it I stared at it for a while and realized it definitely looked "Nike" enough! haha. The number font is based off of the font FSU used on their pro combats...I know FSU's radio announcer also calls the Bucs games, so I kind of tied them in. Anyways...

These Bucs uniforms look great. At first, I didn't like that they had no orange in them, but the black makes the set look better. I also like how you chose black pants instead of white. Excellent job so far.

spacer.png

While I'm never inclined to say anything nice about the City of Brotherly Love (except for the food...love me a good Cheesesteak)I really like what you've done with the Eagles. I've seen many attempts to modernize the Jaworski-era sleevestripe and this streamlined effort is among the best. I'm not sure how I feel about including a such a small amount of black on the jersey...it doesn't seem quite right on the numbers/letters without being anywhere else on the sleeves or pants. Could just be me however.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I like the Eagles. The sleeve stripe looks great, and I really love that shade of green (which I might have to replicate in my Eagles concept, if you don't mind of course). Only three nitpicks...

Please remove the LANOB. It's just too crowded up there, and with the way the Speed Machine jerseys fit, it probably wouldn't show up.

Second, I would go with a triple stripe on the pants to match the sleeve stripes.

Lastly, I'm with Cuse that you need a little bit of black in the striping...maybe on either side of the middle stripe?

I am an eagles fan, and I'd be happy with those uniforms for sure. I Hate Midnight Teal Green, so if I can't have Kelly green that Green would be fine. As long as the Jets and Packers Green is different enough from this new shade. Because Green is our identity so the Eagles need a unique green to separate themselves from the Jets in particular.

Also are the Pants going to be "Giants" gray, or like the 70s-Early 90s era Eagles pants and be silver? I would prefer silver because its a big part of our uniform history. And looks great. If it were my concept I'd ditch the white and green pants and make it silver for home and away. I'd give you the same effect as the all white for the away uniform.

And then maybe you could give us a Kelly green Alternate in this style but keep the white pants, because we love that uniform here. And it'd be kinda like a fauxback, think chargers current powder blues, which keep the same design as their h/a unis, but use the old colors. Just a thought

But great job with these, don't mean to nitpick, I'm usually in full-time lurk mode, but figured I had to comment on one of the better Eagles Uni's I've seen on here. Keep up the great work

New York (Football) Giants

- There are few things I hate in this world more than the Giants road uniforms. The helmet, jersey, and pants just all seem like they belong in seperate places. Their home look, on the other hand, is a favorite of mine. I thought I wanted to make sure blue and red make it into each jersey. Right now, their home jersey is blue and white, while their road is white and red. So, I used trim to clean things up. I liked the simple look from the Tiki Barber/Kerry Collins days, as well, so I kind of went in that direction. The difference here is white and blue pants, replacing grey. I really think white and blue work better with the jerseys than grey would have. The alternate doesn't look as much like a practice jersey, thanks to blue trim.

exportA-5.png

exportB-5.png

New York (Football) Giants

- There are few things I hate in this world more than the Giants road uniforms. The helmet, jersey, and pants just all seem like they belong in seperate places. Their home look, on the other hand, is a favorite of mine. I thought I wanted to make sure blue and red make it into each jersey. Right now, their home jersey is blue and white, while their road is white and red. So, I used trim to clean things up. I liked the simple look from the Tiki Barber/Kerry Collins days, as well, so I kind of went in that direction. The difference here is white and blue pants, replacing grey. I really think white and blue work better with the jerseys than grey would have. The alternate doesn't look as much like a practice jersey, thanks to blue trim.

exportA-5.png

exportB-5.png

Awhhhh, I liked the grey pants...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I'd like to see a white lid for the Eagles....since an eagle has a white head and all.

And on the giants.....I think a single red stripe on the blue pants would make more sense b/c of the helmet stripe.

Not all eagles, and especially not the green ones...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Washington Redskins

-For Washington I figured the biggest move would be to change the helmet logo. I'm not a fan of the current logo--not because it's considered by some as offensive, but because It's too choppy looking and doesn't tie into the uniform because of the colors. So, I updated the logo by using the stylized "R", which is something a lot of concept designers have done. The other biggest priority was to get rid of those horrid, scrunched up, fake cuff stripes and replace them with a nice, clean, sleeve stripe design that complements the socks. Gold pants are now primary for home and road, and white pants are non existent bc I dont think they look good home or away.

exportA-6.png

exportB-6.png

Like the 'Skins uniforms...just don't like the helmet logo.

Agreed. Go with the spear for the primary and save the R for the secondary.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like how you blended different eras together. Like the the two tone numbers, yellow facemask and red pants from the Gibbs era forward, and the stripe style and gold pants from the Lombardi and Allen eras.

I dig the helmet logo, but as a Skins fan, I'm tied to Chief Joe. I think this set would be perfect with the current helmet logo.

Archived