new brazil soccer jerseys for 2012

derp

Thankfully, the monstrosities that Brazil are wearing this year will be replaced.

The new jerseys will be worn next year only -- for friendlies, and more importantly, the Olmypics.

Overall, it's a clean look -- not too different from the 2006-08 jersey, but with a thicker ring on the sleeve. I'm annoyed that Nike continues to insist on Blue and Yellow for the away strip, which is not the tradition (blue and white).

19_MVB_ESP_SELECAO.jpg

19_MVB_ESP_SELECAO2.jpg

There's also a 3rd jersey which will not be worn on the field, but it will be green. More money for Nike.

Source (in Portuguese): http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/copa2014/mat/2011/09/19/selecao-brasileira-tem-novo-uniforme-para-busca-do-ouro-nos-jogos-olimpicos-em-2012-925398820.asp

Yep, it's about time for Nike to roll out their Euro/World Cup Qualifying sets. Brasil's set looks solid and traditional. I wonder what Nike will do for their other high-profile squads like Netherlands, France, Portugal, USA, and Korea. I was a fan of Holland's last Euro set and the previous USA primary grew on me (though I never liked the anthracite clash).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Thankfully, the monstrosities that Brazil are wearing this year will be replaced.

The new jerseys will be worn next year only -- for friendlies, and more importantly, the Olmypics.

Overall, it's a clean look -- not too different from the 2006-08 jersey, but with a thicker ring on the sleeve. I'm annoyed that Nike continues to insist on Blue and Yellow for the away strip, which is not the tradition (blue and white).

19_MVB_ESP_SELECAO.jpg

19_MVB_ESP_SELECAO2.jpg

There's also a 3rd jersey which will not be worn on the field, but it will be green. More money for Nike.

Source (in Portuguese): http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/copa2014/mat/2011/09/19/selecao-brasileira-tem-novo-uniforme-para-busca-do-ouro-nos-jogos-olimpicos-em-2012-925398820.asp

you sure those aren't the ladies national team?..soft v-neck and overly rounded shoulders look suspect

The women's jersey would have five stars above the crest though, would it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It does look like a women's cut, but the Brasil crest includes the 5 stars no matter the usage. It's part of the logo, I guess.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I do not doubt that to be a men's kit. The authentic on field kits these days have a much narrower, streamlined cut. Anyways, it looks decent enough, better than the last one. I have no idea why they had to switch so soon. That's 3 kits within about a year now. Interested when the USA kits leak! Hoping for the sash to remain!

It does look like a women's cut, but the Brasil crest includes the 5 stars no matter the usage. It's part of the logo, I guess.

on a brazilian blog, users were speculating that this may in fact be the women's jersey. either way, if it in fact is, the men's team will have the same design. this is definitely a game jersey though, as you can see by the breathing dots on the side and the "tape" that's on the shoulders.

and nike is really trying to milk brazil here. they're going to release a new set of brazil jerseys every year until the next World Cup. basically, if i see a crap design, i'm less inclined to buy it, which is why i didnt get the current one. i'll end up buying this one though.

I'm annoyed that Nike continues to insist on Blue and Yellow for the away strip, which is not the tradition (blue and white).

Blue and Yellow is the Classic. Used in 1958 an 1962.

s_MLB_v_O_f_164039249_3683.jpg

they've worn blue and white for 45 years. besides, they end up looking like sweden with blue and yellow (or colombia). :blush:

These can't be the Olympic jerseys. They can't have the Brazilian soccer federation's logo on the kits.

they will be. either they will put a brazilian flag in the place of the CBF crest, or there will be nothing at all. that's what nike did in beijing.

Archived