2011 Nike Pro Combat Series: Re-attempted

aawagner011

Compared to your previous two, the Michigan State concept does not compete. It is not bad by any means, but there is a lot of room for improvement. First, i know bronze is kind of a "school color" for them now, but i just dont think it works too good with green. the second thing that kind of bugs me is the greek letting, i know they're the spartans, but it just kind of gets on my nerves. With this concept however you did a good job being innovative and not sticking to normal ideas, and you took some good ideas from the past and mixed them with yours. It's a great start, i just think a little revision would help.

As for your oregon concept, i think it is better than anything they have put out recently. The wTd looks great because it relates to the team. I just think that "Ducks" or "Oregon" on the chest would look better. I also think the numbers would look better on the jersey sleeves instead.The pants look great and so do the colors on the jersey. The font however bugs me, i know it is their real font, but i liked the font from the joey harrington era better because it fit with the logo.

Your bronze is definitely too bright. Think of bronze as a very subdued gold or copper color. It's copper with tin added to it, so it's basically warm coppery gold plus grey when you're mixing the color. Over time it becomes very dark and weathered, like a metallic brown almost. As for the concept, I don't love that one. I don't love their Nike font and I think there's too many subtleties going on with the shoulder logo, the S on the sleeves, etc.

As for Oregon, I think it looks good, but they are likely going to be redesigning soon since the wing uniform has about run its course, unless they're actually (gasp!) trying to build an identity. I'd like to see what people think their next uniform will be.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love the Oregon pants. I think the wing design works really well with the wings on the jersey, doesn't look over the top and fits well. Love the colours too. Oregon really should go back to their traditional school colours. Still not a fan of those number though....

Archived