Texas Longhorns Redesign

ArthurD

Let me know what y'all think. Its my first attempt at a football jersey. I did a subtle redesign of the Texas Longhorns that I think strikes the balance between Texas tradition and Nike innovation that could make these actually viable in the real world.

Thoughts?

Texas

Nike hasn't used those shoulder stitches since 2009. Any particular reason you added them?

Let me know what y'all think. Its my first attempt at a football jersey. I did a subtle redesign of the Texas Longhorns that I think strikes the balance between Texas tradition and Nike innovation that could make these actually viable in the real world.

Thoughts?

Texas

Nike hasn't used those shoulder stitches since 2009. Any particular reason you added them?

Nope, I made the set without them too but decided to post the ones that kept them. I liked the little bit of pop they gave the shoulders since I wasn't looking to do anything too drastic with these jerseys but wanted something a bit different. I'll post the other set too.

Thoughts?

Texas

Texas w/o flywire

You gave the orange pants so it is a winner to me.

spacer.png

I love the orange pants!! I'm usually more on the traditional side, but I do wish some "traditional" teams at least tried out different colored pants. Texas is definetely one of those teams for me, I've always wanted them to just try out orange pants. And you made 'em look great here! I think overall, your concept is pretty sharp. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Not feeling the collar, either make it solid white, or preferably, solid orange. But the real problem with this concept is the 49er stripes. They look bad on the 49ers unis and they dont look much better here

I actually thought the collar was a nice touch to add something a bit different to a set that's otherwise very traditional. I agree with the 49er stripes problem...maybe trying to incorporate the orange-white-orange stripe onto the cuff would work better.

As for the flywire debate, I did like that it added another layer to the design, but it really doesn't say Texas. Remeber when Nike in the late 90's almost pressed the school logo onto the shoulders of replica jerseys (it was almosed as the fabric was embossed)? Was wondering if maybe some type of stitching pattern in the shape of the Longhorn logo...possibly even in the same color as the jersey...would create the same effect while staying more true to the brand.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Thoughts?

Texas

Proof that they still use that stitch pattern

Archived