Evan's Random Concept Thread

evanmaldonado

I've realized I have yet to finish a series I've started, so I decided to just make a thread that I'll fill with random concepts as I finish them.

First off is the Tampa Bay Lightning!

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/evanmaldonado/TampaBayLightningSet.png

I'm not sure why exactly I decided to do their jerseys. I really love the away one after seeing it on the ice, so I kept that one basically the same, with black stripes returning. The home uniform, I was less impressed with. I thought the all-blue looked really poor on them, so I used black as the pants and helmet color to break that apart.

So I got kinda bored and decided to suck out half of USC's traditional color scheme by removing yellow. No idea why, but I like it.

USCWhitePants.png

Looks really realistic, good job.

As for the look, I don't like it. Makes them look too much like, OU, Stanford, and every other red/white team in the country. The yellow makes them unique.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been making too many concepts lately, so I wanted to try something relatively quick (also to test out photoshop). I thought this would be a fun idea for the Blues as a shoulder patch logo or something along those lines:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tCP3eRt-Np4/TsQPr8GxbrI/AAAAAAAAAFw/ts-FEqwglfI/s500/Double+Note.png

Needs more to it, along with some cleaning up in my opinion.

So I got kinda bored and decided to suck out half of USC's traditional color scheme by removing yellow. No idea why, but I like it.

USCWhitePants.png

This looks waaay too much like Stanford for the Men of Troy. This would be a great look for a mid-major or FCS school. Maybe Montana could do something with it if you replaced the white with silver.

• 2 months later...

as a cbj fan, the second one you made is what the team really should have went with a year ago. very sharp.

as for the other one, not really digging the red helmet. i think what was great about the original cbj set (inaugural uniforms) was that there was trace amount of red, and it really stuck out.

• 2 months later...

Archived