Rick Reilly's Jersey Rules

LetsGoOakland9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Jersey Rule No. 4: You may not, under any circumstances, wear a jersey AND a

hat. Who are you, Tony Romo?"

Preach on! We get it! If your heads like a team, your body probably does, too.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

Not the first time Rick Reilly has written garbage and passed it off as a column. But, it's like he wasn't even trying to create a decent column on this attempt.

Now, I'd take all this seriously if Paul Lukas said it. Anyone else, their just trying to be shocking and get people talking.

He only wrote that article to get a rise out of people. He succeeded. Wear whatever you want, whenever you want. It's your life, nobody else controls it.

Impossible! I am very internet angry!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I acctually agree with almost all the rules. I like jerseys, I own a pro Boston Bruins jersey I received for my bithday in 1995. I wear it at home during play-off games. I've never worn it outside of my house. A cap is enough.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Rule 1: Wear whatever makes you happy. Screw everyone else.

Rule 2: Don't read Rick Reilly columns.

Yeah, Rick Reilly is an idiot and I wish he would leave espn and to to Fox News, he seems like a perfect fit at that company.

spacer.png

I like Rick Reilly's writing. Always have. He has lots of sarcasm and lots of humor (although sometimes he's the only one getting his own joke).

But his words aren't words to live by. Nor are any sportswriters' words, especially nationally known sportswriter. Nationally known sportswriters and columnists live in a different world than the rest of us. They like to think of themselves as Everyman, but they have no idea what Everyman is like, or what his needs are, or even how he lives.

Think of it this way: Do you vote for a person because a Hollywood celebrety endorses that person? No, because you can't take a Hollywood celebrety seriously. Nor can you take people like Reilly seriously because they aren't like you. They don't understand you.

So sit back and read Reilly's stuff for what it is -- basically, entertainment.

The whole point of what the article (and this is not the first one he's written about this topic) is that people who wear jerseys are way too serious about them. If that is true, then under that definition the more he pisses people off, the more he's right.

If you read that article and thought it was a little funny and laughed, or thought it was stupid and just went about your day, you took it the right way. If you got pissed off at reading it, your exactly the kind of person he's talking about.

A lot of people mock adults in jerseys. So be it. I am in my 30s and wear 'em to games (but not elsewhere as I used to), and I am not interested in what those people think...I don't understand why they get so frustrated about it, but who cares...

The biggest surprise was the implication that you should be responded to with violence if you wear a road jersey...it's not that long after the guy in LA was hospitalized and the nitwit from Pennsylvania wrote an editorial implying that it was his own fault. Enough with rationalizing violence over jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's kind of sad that Reilly cares that much about what other people wear.

Isn't the whole point of this message board caring about what people wear?

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

It's kind of sad that Reilly cares that much about what other people wear. Possibly the stupidest rule is number six. If I pay hundreds of dollars for a jersey, I'm probably still going to wear it after the player on the back is gone.

It's kind of sad that Reilly cares that much about what other people wear.

Isn't the whole point of this message board caring about what people wear?

Yes, but in a different context.

Exactly, this is a forum to discuss uniforms, rather than criticizing fans who wear them.

Archived