Uniqueness....

TheFloridianLogoMan

When your new logo looks like this....

Marlins2012-cap.gif

...That's where you draw the line.

lol this

Haha I'll give you that one.

I can't stand that logo. Why could'nt they go Nashville Predators and make the logo less detailed then make the F an M. The F is such a cool font but the M sucks. I just hope we don't look gay on the field with rainbow colors.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Marlins2012-cap.gif

lol this

Seriously what are they smoking down there at Florida Miami? They had a pretty functional logo. They could have gone the re-coloring route or they could have gone with something more cartoony like the 1956 Miami Marlins

tumblr_l7tfbeZr821qzniimo1_500.jpg

Unique can be good, but is not great in and of itself.

For example...team names. Nobody wants to name a team the Eagles, the bears, etc. So what did the new NHL team in Minnesota become? The Wild. Yeah it's unique, but it's also stupid.

As discussed by several people, the problem is that we all have different taste. The new Marlins logo is unique and we are split on it. I think it's terrible. I loved the unique look of the green/red devils, but most people prefer the common look of black/red. So hopefully teams just try to be tasteful and think about whether or not a look will stand the test of time. I tend to doubt it for the Marlins.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Marlins2012-cap.gif

lol this

Seriously what are they smoking down there at Florida Miami? They had a pretty functional logo. They could have gone the re-coloring route or they could have gone with something more cartoony like the 1956 Miami Marlins

tumblr_l7tfbeZr821qzniimo1_500.jpg

That's an awesome logo, but the trend in sports nowadays is to make everything so ABOLUTELY SERIOUS all the time.

Cartoon mascots? Out.

Abstract-esque pictographs that may or may not have to do with what your team name actually is? In.

... and then there's the Oklahoma City Thunder.

split color uniforms. If there ever comes a time where that happens on-field, I'm never watching sports again

But it has been done before. And done well for that matter. Remember the Toronto Raptors split color road jersey? They may be the only sports team to have pulled it off so well for so many years...

vincecarter.jpg

I kinda meant franken jersey type deals but I see that it's happened before. Sports were good while they lasted

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived