2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

So happy that we beat Ohio State. I wasn't at Assembly Hall but was a few blocks away watching and that was a great game. Brandon Paul had a career game in the game that we needed someone to step up most. It's kind of frustrating that this Illinois team plays anyone close. Whether it's Illinois State or another mid-major that shouldn't be close or a team we should easily lose to like tOSU or Mizzou, they always play a close game. Frustrating at times, but great at others. This will be an interesting team to watch the rest of the year. However they finish up, I like watching this team a lot more than the teams from the senior class that just left.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Auburn Tigers gave Kentucky a tough game until the last few minutes. We just ran out of gas, I guess. Our comparative lack of talent and depth showed. I'm just glad we put up a fight. The student section was electric. At this point it's clear that when Auburn plays in front of its students, they have a way better chance of winning. They're still not that good, though, and their road record shows that. They're like the Seahawks of college basketball.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

At this rate, Pittsburgh might not even make the NIT.

What are the other post season tournaments? Pitt might make them...

The other two are the CBI and the CIT, but you have to be really crappy, a mid-major or the winner of the Great West Conference Tournament/Indoor Street Fight to be considered for those two.

The CIT is limited to teams outside the Power Six, A10 A14, C-USA and Mountain West.

But the way Pitt has been playing as of late, it's kinda hard to tell them from a middle-of-the-road SWAC team.

But the way Pitt has been playing as of late, it's kinda hard to tell them from a middle-of-the-road SWAC team.

Yeah I don't know what is up with Pittsburgh.

This is a team that was a shoe in the for tourney a couple weeks ago. Now according to Lunardi they would be out if the tourney were to start tomorrow.

That blowout loss at home to Rutgers is probably cost them any real shot of cracking a #4 pr a #5 seed in the tourney provided they can get they're act together and they're schedule isn't about to do them any favors. On the road against Marquette and Syracuse followed up by a home game against Louisville. If they don't win at least one of those games, they're probably done.

Ok ok ok, HOW IN THE LIVING HELL IS OREGON 13-5?? :shocked: :shocked:

After Jabari Brown left, I thought we were in the gutter. I just hope we can continue this.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

After Jabari Brown left, I thought we were in the gutter. I just hope we can continue this.

Because the Pac-12 is not a good conference (they didn't beat a single team in the top 25 during non conference play. AP or ESPN/USA Today) and will be lucky if they to get three teams in the tourney, although its probably going to be just Stanford and Cal getting in.

Because the Pac-12 is not a good conference (they didn't beat a single team in the top 25 during non conference play. AP or ESPN/USA Today) and will be lucky if they to get three teams in the tourney, although its probably going to be just Stanford and Cal getting in.

Very good point. Here's to hoping Oregon wins over 22 games and gets a bid, even though they'll get blown out in the frist round.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Because Dana Altman is a good coach?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man, the Missouri Valley Conference is going to Mutually Assured Destruction itself into being a one bid league this season. Arch Madness is going to be a bloodbath.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fab Melo is going to be very good some day. You can tell that's continuing to learn how to play his position and developing an understanding of how good he is. I think he's gone after this year, which is too bad for Syracuse, but I look forward to seeing what he does in the tournament.

It's a down year in the Big East so hard to ascertain how good SU is, but it's been a fun season thus far; Fine allegations notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's a down year in the Big East so hard to ascertain how good SU is, but it's been a fun season thus far; Fine allegations notwithstanding.

If half your conference is getting into the tourney its not a down year. The only difference is that voters have woken up to the fact that the Big East is not the be all end all conference of college basketball.

Syracuse looks like they're for real. Are they the best in college basketball, not really sure but they're at least a top five team.

I don't think they're going to go undefeated. I'm going to say either Notre Dame or St. John's will be the team to take them down. Just the way those two teams play I can them giving Syracuse fits if Syracuse isn't on their A game and they are.

Man, the Missouri Valley Conference is going to Mutually Assured Destruction itself into being a one bid league this season. Arch Madness is going to be a bloodbath.

I feel like Wichita State can compete with Creighton. I watched some of their game against Indiana State, and they were impressive. They may not have blown the Sycamores out of the water, but even when they weren't playing their best basketball they managed to stay ahead. That's a sign of a winning team.

25yzwqg.png

Archived