2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Bracketology on ESPN (take it for what it's worth) has them as a 6 seed, currently. I think that's about right. If they run the table in the OVC and go into the Big Dance undefeated, I could maybe see them as a 5. But anywhere from a 5-7 is about right. I mean they play in the OVC for pete's sake.

Which is why they really should be a 16. I mean, you'd pay to see a Murray-Kentucky game to open the tourney, right? Let them face a team from one of the best six conferences. Apparently they're afraid to go out and schedule teams in the SEC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, ACC, or Pac-12.

Uhhh...no.

I dunno, I think that Kentucky would be happy to see an OVC team like Murray State as their first opponent. And it gives Murray State a chance to become relevant.

Being ranked 9th in the country isn't "relevant" enough?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being ranked 9th in the country isn't "relevant" enough?

Remember who you're talking to.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Excuse me? Who's Kevin?

I know about him because someone told me about him already.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Rutgers and Crigheton bites the dust. The Crigheton-UNI game was crazy. It was that after one of the Crigheton players hit the GT shot, the UNI player hit the GW shot in a historic upset for Northern Iowa (same school that beat Kansas in March Madness). Another solid UofL victory with Chane Brenahan with 23 points and Russ Smith with 15. After that, we face a struggling Uconn team that we could beat pretty good.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Rutgers and Crigheton bites the dust. The Crigheton-UNI game was crazy. It was that after one of the Crigheton players hit the GT shot, the UNI player hit the GW shot in a historic upset for Northern Iowa (same school that beat Kansas in March Madness). Another solid UofL victory with Chane Brenahan with 23 points and Russ Smith with 15. After that, we face a struggling Uconn team that we could beat pretty good.

Ummmmm.....Northern Iowa's not exactly terrible this season. This is an upset, yes, but not one of historic proportions by any means.

Maybe you should stop talking about sports for awhile.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Arizona State should fire Herb Sendek, James Harden made that school for a couple years. Not Sendek.

Still better than being a Mildcat however.

You've had some bad luck this year with Kings dismissal and Carson ineligibility, but yeah it's been another rough year for you. It's not a good idea to use 2 foreign stiffs as your centers.

The Cats are finally coming around. Angelo Chol has become a beast swatting the ball away, and hopefully they can climb the charts in this weak conference.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Mizzou 74, Kansas 71

Referees 1, Thomas Robinson 0.

In other news... Duke can't play defense. Might be another early exit for the Devils if they get matched up against a team that has a dominant big man.

Tonight is Florida-Kentucky in a battle of top ten teams. These two teams are both similar and different. Florida is one of the best 3-pt teams in the country and UK has the shot blocker Anthony Davis and their talented freshmen. I predict this game to be close, but Florida will out shoot UK; 77-74.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived