2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a night for college hoops to say the least! Gotta love rivalry week

This is when college basketball really starts to get interesting.

I keep wanting to say Syracuse is the best team in college basketball but they keep having games like this where it prevents you from saying that especially Kentucky just took apart a higher ranked Florida team yesterday and I think would completely take apart Syracuse as well if the two ever matched up.

Duke/Carolina classic as always. I don't think either team is making that far in the tourney. Could easily see both being gone by the time we get to the elite eight.

What a night for college hoops to say the least! Gotta love rivalry week

This is when college basketball really starts to get interesting.

I keep wanting to say Syracuse is the best team in college basketball but they keep having games like this where it prevents you from saying that especially Kentucky just took apart a higher ranked Florida team yesterday and I think would completely take apart Syracuse as well if the two ever matched up.

Duke/Carolina classic as always. I don't think either team is making that far in the tourney. Could easily see both being gone by the time we get to the elite eight.

Yeah, I don't see Duke or Carolina going far either. Carolina is the better team I thought, but they couldn't close it. And Zeller was great but his defense on that final shot was inexcusable.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm just looking at Anthony Davis and I don't see how any team can really compete with that in the paint. He's more effective at shutting down the lane at the college level then Dwight Howard is at the NBA level. Howard might very well be the only interior defender better then him right now.

How do you break the SEC shot block record with not even games, but weeks to go in the regular season?

He will be the number one pick in the NBA draft I would say almost without question. My only hope is that he is currently listed at Power Forward. If he is anything but a Center at the NBA level, that is going to be a flat out crime. Because he is never going to be a guy that's going to be able to score 25+ a night. Will probably be lucky if he ever even gets to 15+ a night consistently. But his defense is as good as anyone I have ever seen at that age. He has to play center. Its just a waste if he ever has to come out more then two feet from the paint in a half court set and if he plays the four position, he will.

Now where's all the people who think Murray State deserves a single-digit seed? Single-digit seeds don't lose to OVC teams.

Tell that to Vanderbilt.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, it was a matter of time before someone would catch the Racers napping. My thought that it was going to happen next weekend when they host St. Mary's for BracketBusters, but it seems that a conference foe works out just as well.

That's OK... I'm sure that the pressure is off for them (in terms of an unbeaten season). They still have the goal of winning the OVC regular season and tournament.

Oregon 82, Washignton 57

Is there any doubt that the Pac-12 is the most confusing conference in America?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon 82, Washignton 57

It's not that confusing. It just sucks. No team in there deserves an at-large.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Oregon 82, Washignton 57

At first I thought they played tonight, which would be odd because Friday is usually Ivy/MAAC/Horizon night

then I realized, considering the Pac 12's play this year, that wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I'd say the Pac gets 2 in. Arizona has gotten hot, and Lunardi from ESPN has them and Cal in right now. If Washington doesn't slip up anymore, they should make it, but they are a mystery.

Don't forget, Oregon is ahead of Arizona in the Pac-12 standings. I say they get 3 in, with Cal, Washington, and either Arizona, Colorado, or Oregon.

I'd say the Pac gets 2 in. Arizona has gotten hot, and Lunardi from ESPN has them and Cal in right now. If Washington doesn't slip up anymore, they should make it, but they are a mystery.

Don't forget, Oregon is ahead of Arizona in the Pac-12 standings. I say they get 3 in, with Cal, Washington, and either Arizona, Colorado, or Oregon.

The ultimate difference could be the RPI and SOS of the teams. Arizona is 2nd in the conference in RPI and played the toughest SOS. Arizona just needs to take care of business the rest of the way and they are in.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's kinda odd that Pac-12 might only have 2 teams to make it to the Big Dance this year. The mid-major MVC will have the same number of teams as the power-conference Pac-12. Was it a while ago, that UCLA was a Final Four team. It seems like the Pac-12 has been weakened. Lets hope that some of them make it to the Big Dance.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It's kinda odd that Pac-12 might only have 2 teams to make it to the Big Dance this year. The mid-major MVC will have the same number of teams as the power-conference Pac-12. Was it a while ago, that UCLA was a Final Four team. It seems like the Pac-12 has been weakened. Lets hope that some of them make it to the Big Dance.

I don't know what's up with the Pac-12. They should be flat out embarrassed by the effort they've put up this year. They have put up the worst year for any power conference that I can ever remember. Pretty much every team in that conference outside of maybe Cal and Oregon is going to end up with double digit losses on the year.

Out of that conference though I think Arizona is the best of the bunch. Cal I'm not impressed with at all. They've played two games against top 25 teams and got smoked in both games. As for Oregon who have they beaten exactly? They read exactly like a good mid-major team that hasn't played anybody.

Well, the NCAA denied UConn's waiver, so they won't be in next year's tourney.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, the NCAA denied UConn's waiver, so they won't be in next year's tourney.

Provided they are within range for the tourny next year because, you know, they may end up having a bad season next year.

Archived