2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Well, the NCAA denied UConn's waiver, so they won't be in next year's tourney.

Provided they are within range for the tourny next year because, you know, they may end up having a bad season next year.

Next year? They don't deserve to be in this this year.

As for Oregon who have they beaten exactly? They read exactly like a good mid-major team that hasn't played anybody.

Well, we creamed Washington, and we'v ebeaten Arizona. But other than that, yeah, weve come close, but no cigar. I just have to prey we get at least over 20 wins so we have a chance at the tourney.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me why a couple Alabama players got suspended?

The age old answer to all antics caused by college athletes: 'Violation of Team Rules'

What rule they broke, we may never know that thanks in large part because of privacy rules.

The age old answer to all antics caused by college athletes: 'Violation of Team Rules'

What rule they broke, we may never know that thanks in large part because of privacy rules.

Could be anything.

Usually its off court related. Teams generally don't suspend guys because they missed a meeting or something of that extent. You may get benched for a few extra minutes and have to do extra work in practice but that's about it.

You really have to do something bad in order to get a coach to sit you completely, especially during conference play. That's why its almost always something that occurred away from court. They just say "team rules" as a way of keeping what really happened out of the press. We had a guy get suspended on the team I worked for get suspended for "team rules" because police were questioning his role in a robbery, but it was just listed it as violation of team rules in the press release.

The Bruce Weber termination press conference clock is counting down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They were caught studying at the school library.

The two players vehemently deny it, but videotape doesn't lie....

I would nominate that for POTD, but my nomination doesn't carry too much weight.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They were caught studying at the school library.

The two players vehemently deny it, but videotape doesn't lie....

I would nominate that for POTD, but my nomination doesn't carry too much wait.

Nor does it carry much weight.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Bruce Weber termination press conference clock is counting down.

And it can't come soon enough. I read a great article a couple weeks ago that made a great case for Bruce's firing. I didn't bring it up then because it was just a day or two after the Michigan State win, but everything has gone back to normal since then. Someone with as good a motion offense as people claim Weber has shouldn't be struggling to score 50 points every game. It's definitely time for someone new to come in and I'd be surprised if that change doesn't come this offseason.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

New Rankings(AP)

1 Kentucky

2 Syracuse

3 Missouri

4 Kansas

5 Duke

6 Ohio State

7 Michigan State

8 North Carolina

9 Baylor

10 Georgetown

11 UNLV

12 Marquette

13 San Diego State

14 Florida

15 Wisconsin

16 Murray State

17 Michigan

18 Indiana

19 Louisville

20 Florida State

21 Saint Mary's

22 Virginia

23 Notre Dame

24 Gonzaga

24 Wichita State

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

It's good to back in the top 20 as we came back against a tough West Virginia team on the road. That game is the last time we meet them unless in tourament play. All we need to get back to the top 15 is a signature win against Syracuse tonight. According to many, Syracuse hasn't won a game against UofL since '06 and we've won 6 straight games. If we can out rebound and out shoot them, we could win against them. Also, we have a huge homecourt advantage in the Yum! Center and an excellent coach in Rick Pitino. This would be close, but in the end, Louisville is too much for Syracuse; LOU: 73 SYR: 68

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It's good to back in the top 20 as we came back against a tough West Virginia team on the road. That game is the last time we meet them unless in tourament play. All we need to get back to the top 15 is a signature win against Syracuse tonight. According to many, Syracuse hasn't won a game against UofL since '06 and we've won 6 straight games. If we can out rebound and out shoot them, we could win against them. Also, we have a huge homecourt advantage in the Yum! Center and an excellent coach in Rick Pitino. This would be close, but in the end, Louisville is too much for Syracuse; LOU: 73 SYR: 68

May this prediction be as accurate as your Florida-Kentucky prediction.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I founded this out today when I read the article online of the Courier Journal. http://blogs.courier-journal.com/rickbozich/2012/02/16/espn-confirms-louisville-nations-top-tv-market/ Apparently, accordingly noted by ESPN, Louisville is the best college basketball market in the nation with 4.6 points (Nielsen scale). No offense to Durham, Lexington, and Chapel Hill (Home to Duke, UK, and UNC respectively),but we're the king of the TV Market. The reason for this is that we have a large city (More People = More seats filled), the KFC Yum! Center (22,000 strong), and supportive fans. The second best is Greensboro and third is Columbus, Home of the Buckeyes.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Well, it's starting to really look like Bruce Weber won't be the coach at Illinois next year. I'm really excited to see who we get because this team has been underperfoming since Dee Brown left. Weber hasn't done a thing with the players he's recruited and has missed out on too many players from Chicago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I founded this out today when I read the article online of the Courier Journal. http://blogs.courier-journal.com/rickbozich/2012/02/16/espn-confirms-louisville-nations-top-tv-market/ Apparently, accordingly noted by ESPN, Louisville is the best college basketball market in the nation with 4.6 points (Nielsen scale). No offense to Durham, Lexington, and Chapel Hill (Home to Duke, UK, and UNC respectively),but we're the king of the TV Market. The reason for this is that we have a large city (More People = More seats filled), the KFC Yum! Center (22,000 strong), and supportive fans. The second best is Greensboro and third is Columbus, Home of the Buckeyes.

I can buy this. I lived in Louisville for two years and the city is definitely nuts for college ball. I lived there during the stadium location controversy, but am happy to see they got it all figured out and it seems to be doing well so far. It's in a great area of downtown and I hope they're doing their best to leverage into other high-profile sports (like Arena Football or NBA basketball) or other events.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

BracketBusters begin tomorrow night... I just hope DCDuck is still around so I can rub it in when UNI takes down VCU in Richmond. GO PANTHERS! :)

And I bet you that LMU is a happy camper to see his Lions actually be good AND on TV for the first time since the Westphal 'Run and Gun' days.

BracketBusters begin tomorrow night... I just hope DCDuck is still around so I can rub it in when UNI takes down VCU in Richmond. GO PANTHERS! :)

Wait, what?

It was a hell of a game, though. I'll give UNI credit; they came to play.

Same for VCU, man. That chaotic defensive style is nuts, I tell ya. Forcing 16 turnovers (UNI usually averages 10 a game) sure helped them.

It'll be great to see the rematch next season in Cedar Falls. :)

Illinois's just going to have a full set of ceremonial tanto laid out in the locker room after this game. No need for this bunch to continue on.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Illinois's just going to have a full set of ceremonial tanto laid out in the locker room after this game. No need for this bunch to continue on.

I'm not sure why Meyers Leonard was crying on the bench. He's going to be the only one that comes out of this thing with a positive result. If there was any doubt if Weber would be in Champaign next year before this game, that's all gone. At least Meyers can jump ship and go to the NBA after this. I just can't stand this team, today was just embarrassing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived