2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Colorado beating Cal, the Pac-12 race is now in Washington's hands. The top 5 teams all technically have a shot to win, but everyone but Washington needs to win out to have a chance. the Oregon x Colorado game is going to be pivitol not matter what happens with Oregon x Oregon State. You can call the Pac-12 a lot of things, but you can't call it dull.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, since I can't use dull... Can I use 'massive clusterfluff' instead?

(BTW, it's getting closer to one of my favorite times of the year... Championship Week. Such a fun week)

Yeah, that would be pretty appropriate :P

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

74-73. It wasn't pretty, but the Ducks prevail, and make the matchup with Colorado probabley the game of the week. Also, the Ducks just punched their tickets to at least the NIT.

The Missouri Valley Conference Bracket.

Please note the 5 teams with a 9-9 Conference record (and Indiana State's 8-10). They are not going to be that many NIT slots available, so hoo baby this tourney's going to be a bloodbath. (And every team not named Bradley and Southern Illinois is perfectly capable of beating even Wichita State and Creighton, so, um, try to watch this tourney if you can. Ir will be quite competitive.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Very interesting article coming out in SI about the collapse of UCLA. It details how inconsistent Ben Howland's discipline has been and how it has sunk the program after the 3 straight final fours. It describes how big of a douchebag Reeves Nelson really was(no surprise there).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

My alumni, the E. Illinois Panthers fired Coach Mike Miller the other day.

The crestfallen Panthers fanbase of Charleston, Illinois recognized Miller's tenure with the team by not giving a rat's ass and not showing up to games.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Very interesting article coming out in SI about the collapse of UCLA. It details how inconsistent Ben Howland's discipline has been and how it has sunk the program after the 3 straight final fours. It describes how big of a douchebag Reeves Nelson really was(no surprise there).

Previously mentioned story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/02/28/ucla/index.html

Wow, how does Howland have a job? He's lost control.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Because I'm bored, I'm going to see how my predictin' skills are.

Oregon 73

Colorado 68

North Carolina 83

Maryland 65

Marquette 71

Cinncinati 69

Missouri 79

Iowa State 67

Ohio State 74

Northwestern 66

UNLV 76

Colorado St 71

Louisville 70

South Florida 60

San Diego State 71

Boise State 67

Temple 80

Umass 69

Meh, let's see what happens.

Previously mentioned story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/02/28/ucla/index.html

Wow, how does Howland have a job? He's lost control.

Story is that the Chancellor doesn't care and the Athletic Director is an incompetent cronying :censored: wit. More importantly, if Howland goes, the AD at this point has to go as well.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm upset that USF beat us by 7, but they deserved it because they're hungry and have a very good Defense. After all, USF hasn't been to a NCAA Tourament since '92 and we've never lost to them until this year. I just hope we survive Sryacuse at the Carrier Dome. I want USF to make the tourament because they're underrated and will turn a few heads there.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm upset that USF beat us by 7, but they deserved it because they're hungry and have a very good Defense. After all, USF hasn't been to a NCAA Tourament since '92 and we've never lost to them until this year. I just hope we survive Sryacuse at the Carrier Dome. I want USF to make the tourament because they're underrated and will turn a few heads there.

USF is not underrated, they are taking advantage of the imbalanced Big East schedule and they have excelled against the weaker teams. They went 3-15 last season and this year they played three of the bottom four teams twice (Pitt, 'nova, Providence) and went 6-0.

USF is not underrated, they are taking advantage of the imbalanced Big East schedule and they have excelled against the weaker teams. They went 3-15 last season and this year they played three of the bottom four teams twice (Pitt, 'nova, Providence) and went 6-0.

Because how they did last year has EVERYTHING to do with how they're doing this year <_<

Because how they did last year has EVERYTHING to do with how they're doing this year <_<

There should be some roster continuity playing around in there. But yeah, South Florida will turn heads by losing early in the Dance like all Big East teams not named Connecticut.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived