Jackrabbit Concept

DanDismounts

I designed this for South Dakota State University's hockey team. Because they are not a legitimately school sponsored sport they are not able to use the schools actual logo so they asked me to create a new logo for their Jerseys. this is what I was able to come up with.

C&C please.

picture3nhc.png

Please ignore the ourline for right now I know that I need to go in and work on it so there are not rounded on the corners. Thanks.

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Nice start, but there's a couple things that bother me a bit...

You should try to bring down the size of the head, without changing the ears' size too much, also try elongating the body a tad.

I'd take another look at the chest area in front of the rabbit too, it looks a bit low compared to where the rest of the rabbit's body is, and I'm not even sure that you need the chest area any way.

You also might want to try and bring the right front leg back a bit, because right now it looks like it is sorta just hanging off of his body.

This is just a minor thing that often bothers me, and I guess it's just my personal preference, but when I make eyes that are similar to what you have in this logo, I try to line up the inside corners of both eyes.(if that makes sense)

Otherwise it just looks like whatever person or animal in the logo's eyes are at two different levels/heights on its face.

And regarding the outline, It looks fine. Actually, I think the rounded corners look better than pointed corners would in this particular logo.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I'd also look at thickening up the back lets a little as well. See how thin they are compared to the front ones. In reality I'd expect them to be slightly thicker than the front ones as this is where the animal generates it's power so the bones would need to be stronger.

Great looking start though.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I designed this for South Dakota State University's hockey team. Because they are not a legitimately school sponsored sport they are not able to use the schools actual logo so they asked me to create a new logo for their Jerseys. this is what I was able to come up with.

C&C please.

picture3nhc.png

Please ignore the ourline for right now I know that I need to go in and work on it so there are not rounded on the corners. Thanks.

Hello and how are you,sir!?

This is what I see , so far :

1. the right front leg reminds me a chicken drumstick.

2. if you start your eye follow from a back leg's end all the way into a body of a rabbit - you might see an abstract cartoonish dinosaur.

3. tail reminds me a person from KKK. Sorry, but that is how it looks to me.

4. the pointy parts of : tail, ears, back legs are repeating themselves.

5. check all your negative spaces and make sure they don't create something else in your logo.

6. simplify a blue line, make it more even.

7. check the entire silhouette of the mascot and see if you could make the run more elegant ( perhaps, lift the back legs forward and lower the front legs more to the back.

8. is that a primary colors on a rabbit that you chose or that are the colors of the South Dakota State University?

Hope that my comments didn't offend you in any way and sorry if they did.

Good luck and would love to see your logo well done soon.

I'd echo a lot of what HACOBCEM said, with perhaps the exception of making the Blue line more even. I love the variation of line weight in the piece I think it gives a sense of depth and weight that a perfectly even keyline couldn't give. I'd perhaps look at toning down the most extreme variations but even then I'd rather see those than a totally standard even weight line round the whole thing which I feel would just eb bland and kill off a lot of the character of the piece.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived