2011 College Football Power Rankings

OUSooners

I'm late and not sure that anyone cares about this, but we had a thread last year. Not expecting (m)any replies.

After Week 4

1. Oklahoma

2. LSU

3. Alabama

4. Stanford

5. Oregon

6. Wisconsin

7. Oklahoma State

8. South Carolina

9. Boise State

10. Florida

11. Clemson

12. Texas A&M

13. Michigan

14. Nebraska

15. Virginia Tech

16. Georgia Tech

17. Florida State

18. South Florida

19. Baylor

20. TCU

21. Illinois

22. Arizona State

23. West Virginia

24. Arkansas

25. Michigan State

Next Five: Texas, Navy, Notre Dame, Utah, Georgia

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif406.gifefanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gifc0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way Oklahoma is the best team in the country.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oregon at 5? Boise at 9? South Carolina at 8? This poll is complete bogus.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon at 5? Boise at 9? South Carolina at 8? This poll is complete bogus.

It isn't a poll, it is this guy's opinion. :P

It is? Oh ok, well. In that case, here's mine I guess.

1. LSU

2. Boise

3. Alabama

4. Wisconsin

5. Oklahoma

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. Oregon

9. Florida

10.Nebraska

11.Texas A&M

12.Virginia Tech

13.South Carolina

14.Clemson

15.Baylor

16.Michigan

17.South Florida

18.Illinois

19.Texas

20.Gerogia Tech

21.Florida State

22.Arizona State

23.West Virginia

24.Houston

25.Kansas State

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Top 10.

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Oklahoma

4. Boise State

5. Wisconsin

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. Nebraska

9. South Carolina

10. Virginia Tech

You have South Carolina in the top 10 but not Oregon? Other than that, good list.

Top 10.

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Oklahoma

4. Boise State

5. Wisconsin

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. Nebraska

9. South Carolina

10. Virginia Tech

You have South Carolina in the top 10 but not Oregon? Other than that, good list.

Oregon has lost a game. South Carolina has not. South Carolina hasn't looked great so far this year, but fact remains they are 4-0 against decent opponents and loaded with talent and potential.

Hard to make an argument that Boise State can be #2 in your poll but South Carolina can't be Top 10. That is beside whether I think we deserve that ranking or not, just looking at what we can go off of so far this season.

Top 10.

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Oklahoma

4. Boise State

5. Wisconsin

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. Nebraska

9. South Carolina

10. Virginia Tech

Oregon has lost a game. South Carolina has not. South Carolina hasn't looked great so far this year, but fact remains they are 4-0 against decent opponents and loaded with talent and potential.

Hard to make an argument that Boise State can be #2 in your poll but South Carolina can't be Top 10. That is beside whether I think we deserve that ranking or not, just looking at what we can go off of so far this season.

South Carolina has played absolutely miserable football. Especially after watching the Vanderbilt game, there is no way I can see them as a top 10 team. Oregon just finished absolutely crushing Arizona on the road. They look like they're in midseason form right now, while South Carolina is still trying to figure things out. And our only loss was a "neutral site" game against the number 1 team in the country. Boise has looked dominant this year, and have shown no weakness what so ever.

Here's my take.

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Boise State

4. Oklahoma

5. Wisconsin

6. Oklahoma State

7. Nebraska

8. Stanford

9. South Carolina

10. Oregon

11. Clemson

12. Michigan

13. Florida

14. Virginia Tech

15. Texas A&M

16. South Florida

17. Georgia Tech

18. Florida State

19. Baylor

20. TCU

21. Arizona State

22. Illinois

23. West Virginia

24. Arkansas

25. Pitt

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't see why Oklahoma State is so low on people's lists. They beat a top-10 opponent on the road. How many other teams ahead of them can make that claim?

How high should they be? All four that have posted have them at 6 or 7. Not everyone has played a top 10 team on the road. Some will, but haven't yet.

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif406.gifefanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gifc0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

I don't see why Oklahoma State is so low on people's lists. They beat a top-10 opponent on the road. How many other teams ahead of them can make that claim?

How high should they be? All four that have posted have them at 6 or 7. Not everyone has played a top 10 team on the road. Some will, but haven't yet.

Who has Wisconsin played?

UNLV: arguably the worst team in FBS

Oregon State: arguably the worst team in a BCS AQ conference

@ Northern Illinois: middle-of-the-road MAC team

South Dakota: FCS team

And Oklahoma State?

Louisiana-Lafayette: middle-of-the-road Sun Belt team

Arizona: decent Pac-12 team

@ Tulsa: pretty good C-USA team

@ Texas A&M: top-10 opponent on the road

Wisconsin has played soft-lobs and nobodies while Okie State has one huge road win and two other decent out-of-conference wins. There hasn't been anything impressive about Wisconsin's competition. Yeah, Russell Wilson has put up big numbers, but against who? A FCS team and two teams that lost to other FCS teams and that might go winless the entire season. Weeden and Blackmon have done it against legit opponents.

It's the same rationale for LSU jumping Oklahoma: LSU played and beat more impressive teams than Oklahoma.

So we're all just going to ignore the fact that once again Oklahoma State is your prototypical Big XII eggshell armed with a hammer. Right.

/Who's A&M beat to make them so good?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So we're all just going to ignore the fact that once again Oklahoma State is your prototypical Big XII eggshell armed with a hammer. Right.

/Who's A&M beat to make them so good?

You say that as though Oklahoma State didn't win a rivalry game against a top-10 team in one of the toughest places to win in all of college football. And no matter how overrated you think Texas A&M is, there's absolutely no way you could think any of Wisconsin's opponents thus far are anywhere near as good as the Aggies.

Besides, Justin Blackmon might be the best wide receiver in college football. It's not like Okie State doesn't have playmakers.

Clearly you missed the "hammer" part of the "eggshell armed with hammer" bit. They've got the hammer. They've also got a secondary that can ignite if you glare at it hard enough. That's where they are suspect.

Also, winning in Kyle Field was more impressive before A&M had a lost decade and a half.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only 3 teams in college football that scare me. Alabama, LSU, and Wisconsin. Until something shakes that up everyone else is playing tiddly-winks.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived