Time Heals All Wounds

piratesfan16

Thanks Stevie Y for ruining the Bolts look by attempting to make them something they aren't.

A respectible hockey club?

The Bolts' new look is among the single greatest upgrades of the past several years. Can't wait for time to heal that particular wound.

No, an original 6 team before they had computers and all this technology to create something new, creative, and stylish for teams to wear.

The Lightning new look is one of the worst changes in all of sports in recent years. Stevie thinks he has the Red Wings here, and wants a boring crap logo with a bland washed out color scheme that is shared by a classic team.

They spend a million on a crap logo, the new jerseys are awful, the shoulder logo is just another rip off of all the circle logos everyone else has. Same thing with the strings.

I will not become complacent and one day like the look. It sucks. It always will. The downgrade went from neat and creative to lame and bland. It's just :censored:. Glad I have my old stuff to wear to the games, I won't be purchasing a single product with the new logo.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Stevie Y for ruining the Bolts look by attempting to make them something they aren't.

The Bolts' new look is among the single greatest upgrades of the past several years. Can't wait for time to heal that particular wound.

No, an original 6 team before they had computers and all this technology to create something new, creative, and stylish for teams to wear.

The new logo could only have been created on a computer. Nothing "original 6" about that, it's absolutely modern.

The Lightning new look is one of the worst changes in all of sports in recent years. Stevie thinks he has the Red Wings here, and wants a boring crap logo with a bland washed out color scheme that is shared by a classic team.

They spend a million on a crap logo, the new jerseys are awful, the shoulder logo is just another rip off of all the circle logos everyone else has. Same thing with the strings.

I will not become complacent and one day like the look. It sucks. It always will. The downgrade went from neat and creative to lame and bland. It's just :censored:. Glad I have my old stuff to wear to the games, I won't be purchasing a single product with the new logo.

Exactly. That circle logo really annoys me too. The team was founded in 1993. The Lightning destroyed everything that as unique and fun about their old design for something that's hopelessly generic and virtually a Maple Leafs knockoff.

The alternate logo is particularly annoying. It looks like something that wouldn't be that great on an Original Six team, let alone an expansion team from the early 1990s.

Everything about this redesign is horrible.

spacer.png

Always hated the Oilers copper/navy combo, and while I still think the blue/orange is vastly superior, it wasn't a bad color scheme on it's on right, until it was put on those awful Edge uniforms.

When I first saw the Rays new identity I couldn't stand it, but now I think it's quite classy and is one of my league favorites. Still prefer the awesome Green/Black sets of the early '00s though.

Did NOT like Nashville's new uniforms at first, now I love their roads and can at least tolerate the homes (darken the yellow though!).

For some reason I never liked the Cardinals STL hat logo for years, thought it looked kind of awkward, but I've finally come to my senses and think it's one of the best hats of all-time.

Was very dissapointed by the Penguins original vegas gold uniforms at first, mainly because I did not like the color change, but now I think they are beautiful. Awesome template, and it also made the medicore skating penguin logo look quite slick, with how it was parallel with the striping.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

The new logo could only have been created on a computer. Nothing "original 6" about that, it's absolutely modern.

That logo is...? My 6 year old niece could draw it. If they had utilized the technology availible, we'd actually see something similar to the last logo if they must change. Something that actually took time and looks aggressive. Not some half assed drawing they have now.

Exactly. That circle logo really annoys me too. The team was founded in 1993. The Lightning destroyed everything that as unique and fun about their old design for something that's hopelessly generic and virtually a Maple Leafs knockoff.

The alternate logo is particularly annoying. It looks like something that wouldn't be that great on an Original Six team, let alone an expansion team from the early 1990s.

Everything about this redesign is horrible.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Seriously the Tampa Bay area has a knack for ruining unique looks. Devil Rays now the Lightning. It's pathetic really.

I really hope this new look flops in sales. Regretably, it won't. Because the casual fan sees new, and they have to have it if it's new!

2ly2w09.jpg

The Jets new logo has really grown on me. It's gone from "meh, it's boring, but it's not bad" to "I love it and and it looks even better on the ice" in just a few short weeks.

The Tampa logo has also grown to be tolerable. Though I was originally one of the people who were saying that they don't look THAT much like the Leafs, after seeing them in numerous highlight videos and EVERY TIME thinking that Toronto is playing, I admit, everybody who went with that was right. They DO look like the Leafs.

How much more awesome would their entire look be if they went with black and white?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Wouldn't be that awesome; the Kings are more or less doing it already with their half-assed throwback to the Gretzky LA Kings, who themselves were just piggybacking on the LA Raiders anyway. The Boisbriand Armada's uniforms are bad, too.

Bolts should have the same color palette as the Carolina Panthers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bolts should have the same color palette as the Carolina Panthers.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I used to hate the Robo-Pen, Mighty Ducks logo, and the Jets' new jerseys. But now they're among my favourite logos/jerseys.

How much more awesome would their entire look be if they went with black and white?

It would be amazing. They'd be the only NHL team to use that colour scheme, and *gasp* they'd be unique again. Look how well it worked for Blainville-Boisbriand:

1pmrcoiejb6wgo2b10hvgf0vh.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I used to hate the Robo-Pen, Mighty Ducks logo, and the Jets' new jerseys. But now they're among my favourite logos/jerseys.

It would be amazing. They'd be the only NHL team to use that colour scheme, and *gasp* they'd be unique again.

The Kings went back to black, white, and silver this season. The Lightning wouldn't be that unique.

It would be amazing. They'd be the only NHL team to use that colour scheme, and *gasp* they'd be unique again.

The Kings went back to black, white, and silver this season. The Lightning wouldn't be that unique.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I used to hate this look, but now looking back this 49ers set has become one of my favorites.

terrell-owens.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

. . . what?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I used to hate this look, but now looking back this 49ers set has become one of my favorites.

terrell-owens.jpg

It is definitely better than what they have now in my opinion because the black make the uniform "pop" more.

spacer.png

A few ones here

under-armour-university-of-maryland-pride-uniforms-02.jpg

I used to think these were horrible. But damn they're so much better than what Maryland is wearing now.

football-bw_juan_web.jpg

These were horrible. Then Fresno went redesign. God I want these back so freaking bad. At least bring back the drop shadow numbers. That was the one special thing about their uniforms.

5788841805_0d615238a9.jpg

That's a good logo. I used to hate it, but now, I think it's a great logo with a great uniform.

9930617-standard.jpg

You know what? These weren't bad. I hope they never wear the volt/carbon helmet again (actually, I hope Oregon never wears volt again period), but those weren't bad uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I ask this because of the reference to the Maryland flag set. Anyone else think if they combined that jersey and pants with the plain black helmet this would look great as a full time set? It would clearly portray the flag motif without overdoing it with the helmet. I liked the set as a one-off, but the combo of jersey and helmet was a bit much.

Archived