Time Heals All Wounds

piratesfan16

I used to hate the Robo-Pen, Mighty Ducks logo, and the Jets' new jerseys. But now they're among my favourite logos/jerseys.

How much more awesome would their entire look be if they went with black and white?

It would be amazing. They'd be the only NHL team to use that colour scheme, and *gasp* they'd be unique again.

The Kings went back to black, white, and silver this season. The Lightning wouldn't be that unique.

I was also going to throw in "what if they went with just black and a light metallic silver? It might not be unique, but there are how many red, white, and blue teams? Having only one other team with a similar color scheme would be a great improvement at this point, and it might even push the Kings to re-adopt purple

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lightning are certainly a popular topic.

When I first saw the new look, I didn't like it. Not so much for it being derivative of other teams' looks, but because the logo compared to what they had only worn for the three years prior was very dull, needless to say it reminded me of Intel. A few months later I've fallen in love with it, as aside from the forced black outline on the lightning bolt pantstripe the whole identity has a very satisfyingly clean feel to it. Now it's the previous logo that I look at differently: While I still like it, it feels like a bit of a mess in comparison.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Front numbers on the helmets are no longer a really big deal to me. You almost can't see them at all during a game, only when there's a close up shot of a player. Except the Philadelphia Flyers on whom the helmet numbers are ridiculously large for some reason.

The Seahawks. Still not a huge fan of the current set, but I came to accept them a little more over time. I'm still happy that changes are in the works for them after this season, with hints at the older set. I always preferred those.

Also, the Denver Broncos. I remember the tail end of the orange-crush jerseys and being devastated when they switched it. But after about three seasons they grew on me, and I think the orange jerseys in the current set look downright gorgeous.

I too have come to enjoy the Lighting. Absolutely hated the current set when they first came out, but they are now among my favorites in the NHL.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived