Bengals uniforms

kcroyalsfan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Esiason era look was decent and the Dillon era look was a bit better, but I hated those tiger stripes on the jerseys. They just didn't look like tiger stripes.

The current jersey is so close to being good it's frustrating. They just need to take off the side panels and the white part of the pant stripe. On the aways and alternates, they should take off the orange yoke and make the sleeve orange with black tiger stripes. Make the tiger head the primary, with the full body tiger and the B as secondaries, and keep the current wordmark. The number font should be the same font as the wordmark, dropshadowed. They do this, and the bengals uniform becomes one of the 10 best uniforms in the NFL.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The Esiason era look was decent and the Dillon era look was a bit better, but I hated those tiger stripes on the jerseys. They just didn't look like tiger stripes.

The current jersey is so close to being good it's frustrating. They just need to take off the side panels and the white part of the pant stripe. On the aways and alternates, they should take off the orange yoke and make the sleeve orange with black tiger stripes. Make the tiger head the primary, with the full body tiger and the B as secondaries, and keep the current wordmark. The number font should be the same font as the wordmark, dropshadowed. They do this, and the bengals uniform becomes one of the 10 best uniforms in the NFL.

I disagree with almost every point here. I can live with the tiger head or the leaping tiger, but everything else needs to go far away.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me, or do the Bengals uniforms look better when on the TechFit template as opposed to the normal template?

Normal:

carson-palmer.jpg

TechFit:

fan_a_scott1x_600.jpg

The tiger stripes aren't crinkled and thus they have a much more organic feel to them.

I like their orange alternates alot better .... with the white pants. Would like to see them as primary, and the black as alternates.

The orange jerseys, they've got that Bengal Tiger look

But those stripes on white or white stripes? Those have gotta go no matter what.

and the white jersey siding needs to go, in favor of more orange with black stripes along the sides merging towards the pant striping

I like those numbers with the black shadow .... damn sharp

09000d5d81c49907_gallery_600.jpg

not only a good opinion, but a picture that sums up the bengals franchise, well done.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure what would possess someone to create the Bengals helmet shown in this eBay auction, but it got me to thinking. (The helmet is white with the tiger stripes on one side and the old block "BENGALS" logo on the other.) What if they played off the albino tiger theme and replaced all the orange in the uniform with white for an alternate uniform to be worn once or twice a year? Can one of you talented people create a concept?

I'm not sure what would possess someone to create the Bengals helmet shown in this eBay auction, but it got me to thinking. (The helmet is white with the tiger stripes on one side and the old block "BENGALS" logo on the other.) What if they played off the albino tiger theme and replaced all the orange in the uniform with white for an alternate uniform to be worn once or twice a year? Can one of you talented people create a concept?

A white and silver bengals uniforms would look awesome...just saying

Personally, I think the Bengals should take the Florida State route. Have pretty simple jerseys, but have the collars and cuffs include the tiger pattern.

Perfect. Great idea. I've always thought the Bengals helmets were pretty cool, but they've never gotten the rest of the look right.

BB52Big.jpg

Personally, I think the Bengals should take the Florida State route. Have pretty simple jerseys, but have the collars and cuffs include the tiger pattern.

Perfect. Great idea. I've always thought the Bengals helmets were pretty cool, but they've never gotten the rest of the look right.

Interesting idea. One of you creative types should create a Bengals uniform like that, pretty please. ^_^

That's why I thought their prior look was perfect - unique helmet paired with a solid uniform pattern. The genius was that wherever other teams would have striping - shoulder inserts and down the legs - the Bengals used their tiger stripes.

It was at once innovative and traditional. It was genius. No wonder the Browns screwed it up.

That's why I thought their prior look was perfect - unique helmet paired with a solid uniform pattern. The genius was that wherever other teams would have striping - shoulder inserts and down the legs - the Bengals used their tiger stripes.

It was at once innovative and traditional. It was genius. No wonder the Browns screwed it up.

I liked the Bengals older look too. Something needs to be done to fix their mess, but I definitely do not them to ever change that helmet. That helmet is amazing.

Maybe it's just me, but I think by far and away the biggest problem with the Bengals set is white pants with colored jerseys. The way I see it, they have a black and orange helmet with no white. If they wear black jerseys, they should wear orange pants. With orange jerseys, they should wear black pants. On the road, I would also wear black pants. I think this alone would help out the color balance a lot and make the Bengals look much better.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived