Bengals uniforms

kcroyalsfan

Then they'd have to get rid of the white numbers. And then you're really into clown outfits.

Not necessarily. The Patriots, although they have silver pants and a silver helmet, have white numbers on their home uniforms and it looks fine, just to give an example. There are many. The Packers are another team that does this that comes to mind.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Bengals have overdone the tiger stripes ever since they went to the tiger stripe motif. If they plopped their unique helmet on a traditional uniform (think something more like Oregon State's Pro Combat throwback or the Bengals' original uniform), they would be excellent. The helmet is a statement in and of itself. No need to try to compete with that using tiger stripes everywhere else on the uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Cincinnati Bengals uniforms are much maligned, and I can understand that the swapping of pants/jerseys and monochrome black is annoying, but I have been a Bengals fan all my life (and have LOVED the helmets ever since I was a kid). I guess my question is, if the Bengals moved back to Esiason-era uniforms:

boomer_esiason.jpg

<br>

111097esiason_500x350.jpg

instead of the current set:

display_image.jpg?x=527184

Would people like them better? Or is a whole redesign and rethinking of the helmets called for?

I second that of going back to the Anderson/Esiason 80's era unis!

Their set needs to ditch the horrible paneling and sharpen the numbers up a bit so they're not quite so bears-like, but still do something more unique than just boring block font.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, but the Packers have white ion their helmets and the Patriots have light-colored pants. If white pants are a real problem because it doesn't "match" other uniform elements, then white numbers should be as well.

Point taken. That being said, I don't think orange numbers on black and black numbers on orange would look bad.

Maybe it's just me, but I think by far and away the biggest problem with the Bengals set is white pants with colored jerseys. The way I see it, they have a black and orange helmet with no white. If they wear black jerseys, they should wear orange pants. With orange jerseys, they should wear black pants. On the road, I would also wear black pants. I think this alone would help out the color balance a lot and make the Bengals look much better.

I couldn't successfully recreate the tiger motif of it (especially in the helmet), but I'm guessing something like this:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2429108743:1323996679

?

spacer.png

Maybe it's just me, but I think by far and away the biggest problem with the Bengals set is white pants with colored jerseys. The way I see it, they have a black and orange helmet with no white. If they wear black jerseys, they should wear orange pants. With orange jerseys, they should wear black pants. On the road, I would also wear black pants. I think this alone would help out the color balance a lot and make the Bengals look much better.

I couldn't successfully recreate the tiger motif of it (especially in the helmet), but I'm guessing something like this:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2429108743:1323996679

?

Pretty much.

I do agree about orange pants. In general, I think the Bengals would actually look much better if they stuck with orange pants home and road. Something more along the lines of this:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2429108743:1325993098

(in both cases, it's an either/or of which white jersey - orange numbers or black numbers)

I think the Bengals are best served keeping black as their primary jersey color since their colored jersey has always been black, but orange should complement the home set and be the dominant color on the road. I also think a more traditional look, striping-wise, would make it more logical for them to wear all-white on the road at times as well. With their current sets, it seems like basically all combos except orange/white is pretty much awful. The white side panel on the black and orange jerseys being the biggest problem of all.

spacer.png

Wasnt there an Arena League team that did that, black and white tiger stripes? Eyes on the front of the helmet?

To answer your question, yes. And they played in the very same city.

HPIM1102.jpg

The Cincinnati Jungle Kats.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I do agree about orange pants. In general, I think the Bengals would actually look much better if they stuck with orange pants home and road. Something more along the lines of this:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2429108743:1325993098

(in both cases, it's an either/or of which white jersey - orange numbers or black numbers)

I think the Bengals are best served keeping black as their primary jersey color since their colored jersey has always been black, but orange should complement the home set and be the dominant color on the road. I also think a more traditional look, striping-wise, would make it more logical for them to wear all-white on the road at times as well. With their current sets, it seems like basically all combos except orange/white is pretty much awful. The white side panel on the black and orange jerseys being the biggest problem of all.

Hmm, the orange looks pretty good with the white uniforms, but the monochrome orange alternate is just too much. And also, I don't know if it was intentional or not to have two white jerseys, but I would keep the one with the black numbers.

I don't really dig all-orange either and hope the Bengals wouldn't break that out, it just sort of comes up when mixing and matching all possible combos.

I think black/orange and white/orange is the way to go, with the only alternates being black or white pants to go with the white jersey. With the orange jersey, I don't really care about which colored pants, as long as the socks are different colored from the pants. Black pants/socks with the orange jersey would look hideous.

In regards to the two white's, it's because the second alternate is, I guess, designated to being a road look, and so the jersey must be white. Since I'm a strict three-color palette type, this usually means I do a dark-numbered version and a light-numbered version. I'm impartial about which one is better.

spacer.png

Archived