Quebec Nordiques Concept

bigbadbruins

I personally would love to see more teams return to Canada, and now that we've seen Winnipeg's arrival, it's time for Quebec City to get the same treatment.

Primary with wordmark:

que-wordmark.jpg

I used the old font from the 70's, pretty simple, but fitting.

Home and away sweaters:

que-sweaters.jpg

Yes, there is an abundance of red/blue/white teams throughout Canada, but I just couldn't see the Nordiques with any other colors.

This is my first concept on these boards, and I'm looking forward to your feedback.

cupphoto.jpg

I love it. Absolutely fantastic. It would be a fantastic logo if a team moved to Quebec.

I do have to ask, though: Why black?

Thanks! It's actually a dark navy-ish bordering on purple. I wanted a darker contrast to the old Quebec powder blue... and yes, blue on blue is seeing it's fair share of use in the NHL these days, but I thought it fit with this particular design.

cupphoto.jpg

I appreciate the initiative.

The lys on front does not look good IMHO. True that switch the igloo and lys does not really work.

My 2 cents is that I am not so sure the new team will have the same colors as the original one, at least on regular sweaters. I see some black, dark blue, silver and probably red..

It would be fun to see logos suggestions. I made one but would like to see logos.

Something else then an modified igloo. Just for the fun of it.

I personally would love to see more teams return to Canada, and now that we've seen Winnipeg's arrival, it's time for Quebec City to get the same treatment.

Primary with wordmark:

que-wordmark.jpg

I used the old font from the 70's, pretty simple, but fitting.

Home and away sweaters:

que-sweaters.jpg

Yes, there is an abundance of red/blue/white teams throughout Canada, but I just couldn't see the Nordiques with any other colors.

This is my first concept on these boards, and I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Hello and how are you!?

I would ditch a dark navy color from your color scheme and keep the original colors of the Quebec Nordiques , IMO they've had the most beautiful blue at the time.

Now... Yes, the new logo must be created, as the old one was not that HOT ( somehow, I saw an elephant ). Fleur-de-lis always makes a very nice addition as to be on the arms or on the hem part of the jersey, but not

as a primary logo, there is a team in NFL from New Orleans and to have two with the identical primary logos would not be good.

I would design a logo that will feature two interlocking letters : " Q " & " N " and would make a nice , unique symbol and would keep it very simple, easy to understand.

So, make a simple concept without twisting too much and you'll have a great jersey.

Good luck.

Thanks for everyone's input! I see what you're saying about the Fleur not being up to par with other NHL logos.. In my opinion it was the most traditional Quebec logo without going for an updated stylized version of a logo that was made in the 70s.. Which can be done well, (Capitals), or completely miss the point, (Buffaslug). Plus I thought it would look pretty nice emblazoned on the front of a sweater.

cupphoto.jpg

The home jersey is too bland. Other than the while sleeve cuffs with the thin border, there is no pattern, striping, piping, etc... anywhere else on the jersey. The white one is better, but the stripes are too insignificant; they look like so many other jerseys ruined by RBK Edge (Leafs, Oilers come to mind). That's not to say this jersey isn't good: it just needs more striping detail so they jersey isn't one blue blob.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I can't put my finger on it, but in a way, it's too different, and in another way not original enough...

I'd suggest you go a little further back into the WHA history and see if the lighter blue, or the red jerseys don't inspire you a little more...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived