Tim E. and the ACC [fromerly "and (the) U"]

TimEOBrien

Ok, so this is my ACC thread now. I'll be releasing concepts hopefully, one at a time.

Miami - main four uni combos and alternates

Georgia Tech

Boston College

Va Tech

North Carolina

Duke

Clemson

ORIGINAL POST

Well, I've been tweaking my new Nike Pro Combat '3D' template over the past week or so and I really like how it's starting to take shape. With that in mind, I decided to use it to create a new set of unis and since even I'm sick of the BigTen I decided to go a different route and take a Crack at The U.

For this design, I tried to take a look into the past, present and future of the U-niform.

TheU_NPC_HaB_H_1.jpg

TheU_NPC_HaB_R_1.jpg

TheU_NPC_HaB_H_2.jpg

TheU_NPC_HaB_R_3.jpg

I think this uni is a nice mix of classic and modern elements. The U's helmet goes untouched (as it's already perfect). As for the jersey, I did some poor research and thought that the Michael Irving years' unis had UCLA stripes (not so much). While the history that led to their inclusion in this set is, well, mis-remembered, I actually like how they turned out and think that they might work better than trying to replicate those stripes on modern jersey cuts (read: non-existent sleeves).

I lift the numbers straight from Miami's NPC uniforms. I think those numbers might be my favorite thing that has come out of the NPC series. The Pants are where I start to look into the future. With the cut of the NPC pants, I saw a perfect opportunity to place the 'U' logo onto the back of the pants as a pants stripe. I hate this stripe on other schools, but it works perfectly for Miami. As they're running in for another score, Miami players will be able to remind their opponents of just who that is galloping into the endzone. The U.

While only four unis are shown above, Miami has a bit of a penchant for multiple alternates, so I obliged and mocked up a few more:

Home Alt 2

Road Alt 2

Home Alt 3

Home Alt 4

But personally, I think those four up top are the best of the bunch.

(ALSO, C&C on the template would be appreciated!)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not full sold on this one. My biggest issue is the shoulder and helmet striping, it really doesn't match the rest of the uniform. Most of the uniform follows the split color theme, but the helmet and the shoulders have UCLA stripes, which IMO makes the concept look inconsistent. Maybe change the striping so it is half orange and half green on the white uniforms and helmet (orange/white on the green uniforms, etc), that'd keep the same kind of feel, but make the uniform more consistent overall.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Don't like the socks, but otherwise it's pretty good.

What is the problem with the socks, That they're high socks and most college players don't wear them high or you just don't like the socks for The U? Fill me in because I was considering making low socks for either one or both of the players.

My only notice is that the player on the left has a helmet by shutt, and the picture of the players back is wearing a revo speed type helmet.

I kinda like that because they players sorta show two different uniforms anyway, the guy on the left is a non-sleeve wearer like linemen and junk wear, where as the guy on the right is closer to what many QBs and TEs and stuff wear.

I'm not full sold on this one. My biggest issue is the shoulder and helmet striping, it really doesn't match the rest of the uniform. Most of the uniform follows the split color theme, but the helmet and the shoulders have UCLA stripes, which IMO makes the concept look inconsistent. Maybe change the striping so it is half orange and half green on the white uniforms and helmet (orange/white on the green uniforms, etc), that'd keep the same kind of feel, but make the uniform more consistent overall.

I love the touch of forming the "U" on the back of the pants. The only problem I have is the UCLA stripes. I understand why they're there, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the uniform.

Well, personally - lafarge - I don't want to change the miami helmet. Through all of the U's uni changes, the one consistent thing has been that great helmet (whose stripe isn't actually a true UCLA stripe).

I understand why you guys think they're a bit out of place - they are a pretty traditional feature on an otherwise modern uniform - but I don't think that the modern and classic elements are so disparate that that can't fit together on one uni.

Archived